Synthetic Filter Options for RFE transmsions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply. After reading this thread, I will go get a Mopar sump filter and one of the spin-ons listed.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the reply. After reading this thread, I will go get a Mopar sump filter and one of the spin-ons listed.
hemimann found that jasco strips the paint the easiest. I used jasco spray

you really need the metal threads, ebay has the best one cheap.

Last edited:

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I already know about Jasco, use it all the time to clean paint off parts for my car I am trying to restore. I ordered the metal threads the other day and just got notified it was delivered today, so, good on all that. Thanks.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I tried Wix low efficiency spin on filter for maximum flow rate, since RFE transmission valve body is weak.
Burla dug out the number, I can forward if you want. I changed trans oil last summer. It's running great.

We use the Mopar pan filter. I changed it again just because I was in there. Have no idea how much clutch shaving capacity it has. Again, maximum oil flow rate is the goal with RFE transmissions, so new filters are optimal if you're dropping pan anyway.

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you could forward me that number, that would be great.

I was going to go with the Wix 57055XP, as listed in the 1st post of this thread, but, if there is a better one, I am all open to it.

Last edited:

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
If you could forward me that number, that would be great.

I was going to go with the Wix 57055XP, as listed in the 1st post of this thread, but, if there is a better one, I am all open to it.
That's the one (Wix 57055XP) that I got for mine, along with the Mopar sump filter, though I have not installed them yet.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
You guys going to change oil brands with Red Line out of control price-wise?

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
5w30 is still like 13 bucks amazon and c+ is 15, both serve my truck well. C+ ended my transmission shudder and their oil killed my tick. Pricing is not as bad as other things I purchase, it has nothing to do with redline but rather a gov't who refuses to collect taxes for what they spend. There is nothing I purchase at any local store that I am not upset about, but I dont blame any of them, they didnt do this. It may be 15 years before I change my trans fluid after next change, maybe longer. For me this makes sense.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yeah, I was just shocking on motorcycle oil today, is all. Trans doesn't get combustion blowby.

I hadn't looked at truck oils lately. Just assumed they were as bad.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
If it wasnt killing my tick and shudder it would be very easy to walk away from, but you get what you pay for sometimes. if I didnt need the truck for country stuff it would be really easy for me to trade it and get another rav 4 and use kirkland and maxlife. 4 banger rav 4 is a dream of a car, lol.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
An oil filter is an oil filter, two considerations are bypass rating and paint. There is no reason to not have a bypass, which because fluid is so thin likely wont be in effect much if at all. Not having a bypass can cause issues, it possibly can create a vacuum. You speak of the wix kit, which is a paper canister filter and a sump filter that doesnt have oem pink vent hole. I think newer oems only have one pink/purple valve, prevents vacuum.

oem rfe filters have a valve on them..

View attachment 538176
BADA BING!!!

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I tried Wix low efficiency spin on filter for maximum flow rate, since RFE transmission valve body is weak.
Burla dug out the number, I can forward if you want. I changed trans oil last summer. It's running great.

We use the Mopar pan filter. I changed it again just because I was in there. Have no idea how much clutch shaving capacity it has. Again, maximum oil flow rate is the goal with RFE transmissions, so new filters are optimal if you're dropping pan anyway.
Spun glass has amazing flow. Id avoid paper at all costs for the trans.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Rav 4 way too small for my fat a$$.

Even wife's CX-5 is borderline ok.
The snappy turbo 4 is fine, but I'm not towing utility loads with it. Guys that beat little engines shouldn't be surprised when they wear out early.
Spun glass has amazing flow. Id avoid paper at all costs for the trans.

Yes but keep in mind OEM Mopar is paper and came that way from the factory.
I wouldn't worry as much about the German ZF that wasn't cost cut corners.
Except for serviceability, that is.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Picked up the Wix XP filter and the OEM sump filter (holy hell, they are proud of that part based on the price - $71). Metal fitting arrived today, so, tomorrow it's OFF WITH THE PAN!
I found out locally O’Reillys auto parts has the best price for a sump filter with the valve in it.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI