Votes: 396 14.3%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 992 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 660 23.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
So to update. Changed the oil and added lubeguard. Engine is quiet now. I will see as the miles go on the oil as to if its fixed or not. I spoke with the service manager today and he said dodge says burning 1.5 quarts of oil during a oil cycle is totally normal for a 3.6... Seriously. Also using coolant is normal. 20k miles and Its burning oil .5-1 quart every 5k. It is also using coolant. I had to pick up a gallon today. Its low.
The only Dodge V6 that I've owned that used oil was in the 2008 Nitro, for some reason it started to burn oil was during a vacation driving in the mountains of the westerner states when it had to really work harder due to the higher geared reared...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So Stelantis is like 16 brands, and despite massive changes look at what brands are their bread and butter.

Stellantis’ Q4 2022 best selling brands​

The best-selling Stallantis brands in Q4 2022 were Jeep and Ram, with 273,190 combined sales, 78.6% of total Stellantis sales, for the period.

Those 2 are like 80% of stelantis, lol.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The only Dodge V6 that I've owned that used oil was in the 2008 Nitro, for some reason it started to burn oil was during a vacation driving in the mountains of the westerner states when it had to really work harder due to the higher geared reared...
I heard they had lots of issues. I almost bought one back in 08.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
omg, dude you went to the EU? I just didnt think that was you, I am impressed.
This is the 5th time here. I just don’t mention it often. Always snowboarding in the alps but this year was a summer trip. We have family here. Hiking, mountain biking. Yesterday we hiked to 2 high elevation lakes on the side of a mountain and swam in them in our underwear. :laughing1: Cold a **** but super fun.

Not gona lie, I absolutely hate the laws here and the lack of freedoms I am used to in the USA. And im usually fighting anxiety on the plane and airport. I went almost 40 hours without sleep during the traveling this time.

In the end its a great time and its even better with my family. Im blessed to be able to do this every 3-5 years…..ish

If you ever get the chance to visit the mountains in Switzerland….do it.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Question for the brain-trust herein....
I am contemplating having my 19's oil pump upgraded to the Hellcat oil pump to increase oil pressure.
I have an 'in' for a local dealership, and with one of their senior master techs who is also a performance guy, too (cash is king...;))
What is the thought on moving on this?

Background:
I bought her new in late June 19'
I am currently at, call it, 135,000Km's
I will keep her till her wheels fall the heck off!
I use premium fuel and RL HP 5W30 oil & RP 20-820 oil filter
My first UOA from Blackstone has come back with very favorable results (except for tin...and I have a VOA analysis coming to us very shortly, and with Burla's and All's help, we will narrow down WTF is going on with the high tin result)
Would y'all recommend going to this upgraded oil pump?

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the 5th time here. I just don’t mention it often. Always snowboarding in the alps but this year was a summer trip. We have family here. Hiking, mountain biking. Yesterday we hiked to 2 high elevation lakes on the side of a mountain and swam in them in our underwear. :laughing1: Cold a **** but super fun.

Not gona lie, I absolutely hate the laws here and the lack of freedoms I am used to in the USA. And im usually fighting anxiety on the plane and airport. I went almost 40 hours without sleep during the traveling this time.

In the end its a great time and its even better with my family. Im blessed to be able to do this every 3-5 years…..ish

My daughter just returned from Switzerland with her Momma and Partner and his two kids and had a blast!
I look forward to the opportunity to visit there next year with my girl!

Although, I have planned a Dad/Daughter vacation this November with my almost 6yo daughter to Disney for a week of fun for just us two.....

I'm super stoked to do this with my Angel. She is a huge Disney Princess fanatic, and to share this with her is my life's honor.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

kyle, you floor me man, so impressed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My daughter just returned from Switzerland with her Momma and Partner and his two kids and had a blast!
I look forward to the opportunity to visit there next year with my girl!

Although, I have planned a Dad/Daughter vacation this November with my almost 6yo daughter to Disney for a week of fun for just us two.....

I'm super stoked to do this with my Angel. She is a huge Disney Princess fanatic, and to share this with her is my life's honor.
Princesses are ok, just keep her away from Groomer Bobs "queens"

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
How long will the zombie apocalypse last? I am down to 3 cases of redline and I fear that is nowhere near enough. The last thing you want to do is get caught with your pants down in front of a bunch of zombies.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How long will the zombie apocalypse last? I am down to 3 cases of redline and I fear that is nowhere near enough. The last thing you want to do is get caught with your pants down in front of a bunch of zombies.
Just tossing this out to the Group.... is it a possibility that if multiple members went in on a huge group buy that maybe the RL main supplier would consider a price break?

I'm in for say 12 to 20 jugs of 5W30 RL HP if the price is right.
That should keep me going for a little while.
Edit ** Someone has to challenge Burla on his hoarding :);)

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Deals on redline are unicorn rare, I found one in 3-4 years and brought one member with me then **** it was gone. If not for that unicorn I'd be on 2 cases not 3, bottom if you see a deal snatch a deal, if you can get a group buy my guess you would have no shortage of members joining it.

JHoward

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter
Just tossing this out to the Group.... is it a possibility that if multiple members went in on a huge group buy that maybe the RL main supplier would consider a price break?

Fwiw, Summit Racing has a price matching guarantee.

I found a quart bottle of Red Line 5w/30 at a lower cost on the internet than what Summit Racing listed for one quart on their website, even lower over at Redlineoil.com.

I called Summit Racing and asked about their price matching guarantee and they honored that. The only info they wanted was whom/where was offering it at that lower price for clarification, alot of places are scams.

As long as the online seller is legit and the price is lower, then there's the win on getting it at an lower price shipped from an known business.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Coming up to 50k posts in this thread, are we ready to have a top 5 list for the 5.7 mds hemi? Are we gonna need another 50k to figure it out? I guess we should make it interesting, top 5 list for non hemi tick engines, as in well running hemi's.

Redline 5w30 in a well running hemi top 5?
0w30 HPL is the verdict out yet?
How can we skip the 3rd most used oil amsoil 5w30SS or 0w40ss?
m1 which one??? fs5w30, 0w40, and/or other??
PUP 5w30 the only oil safely a top 5?

Shouldn't biotech be in the conversation?

Should we even consider 5w20/0w20 now that 4 gens are getting older and tolerances have widened?

0w30 fit in?

Nobody ever wants to answer the question, what is the best oil. Is it possible to narrow it down to 5?

Yup, wait 50k more posts we will nail this down?

tjfdesmo

Reaction score

Edit ** Someone has to challenge Burla on his hoarding :);)
We used Redline at our shop, and were getting it through powersports distributors, but they only carried a few SKUs. I wanted to add some automotive SKUs, so I contacted Redline about dealer requirement, and was told flat-out, and in a fairly rude tone I might add, that they were not interested in adding dealers.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
That's kinda funny in a way because they are pricing themselves out of the market all together. Maybe their tune has changed, how to become a dealer? So not even amazon would be a distributor? When I order from amazon it comes in a redline case no amazon box, so it comes straight from a distributor? There must be a reason, the need storage space? Sounds not ideal, more middlemen to user means $. Come to think about it last time it did come in an amazon box no redline box, so amazon must stock it now. this one ships through amazon system but other distr, kinda cheap save 6 bucks a gal.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, All.

I sent a little email to Red Line today and got a call back from Art of Red Line within 60 minutes, and we spoke about a bunch of things, including working a nice offering for the Ram Forum Family on discounts and possibly a deeper group discount on a big first order.

"Conrad,
Great talking with you. Always glad to meet a new Mopar fanatic! Let me see what I can do on a program for the forums. I’ll be back in touch. Feel free to email or call if you have questions or comments!
Art"

Art said there may be an option for us to purchase directly from Red Line with nice discounts, but their biggest bottleneck is shipping. He said that shipping out of California is ridiculously expensive, but doable.

How do you all feel we could work on shipping product to the Ram Forum members if we purchase directly from Red Line in Cali?

The other option he said is that they have a very large distributor in a different state that makes extremely large purchases directly from RL on a monthly basis and ships all over USA/Canada, and elsewhere in the world, and would be on board for discounts and fair shipping for the Ram Forum Members. Apparently, this distributor also carries pretty much all their SKU's, plus other items as well, so getting what we want shouldn't be an issue, and all with discounts for Forum Members.

Bottom line is that he's going to look at several options and table them all so we can all decide how it best serves our needs to move forward with next steps.

I hope you all don't mind that I went ahead and reached out to Red Line, but after me suggesting a group buy plan for discounts earlier today and seeing the responses that it's really not something Red Line does directly, well.... challenge accepted to see if I could net some results with Red Line directly.

I will say that I was quite impressed that I received a call from one of their Senior Sales Managers in Cali within 60 minutes of me emailing them on their customer service portal on their website. His attitude and attentiveness to what we/I was asking for in terms of deeper discounts for bigger volumes was hitting home to him.

He also happens to be a huge MOPAR fanatic, knows all about the tick and cam issues, and runs RL HP 5W30 and RP oil filters in all his and his families vehicles, including transmissions and other fluids.

He also works with Mike from Arrington frequently and together they sponsor some big events together. Pretty cool stuff.

Lastly, he was quite impressed with the various threads on Synthetic Oil, Blackstone UOA, Hemi Tick, and other related threads on our forum. He volunteered that, too. So, it tells me that "they" are hearing us (and trolling...lol) ;)

Anyhoo..... I'll post up Art's email once he puts some things together for us all to look at and consider.

Looking forward to the opportunity for us all being able to stock pile our favorite lubricants for much better pricing points.