Votes: 404 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 162 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 1,005 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 671 23.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
For the PUP crew (for other engines or + LubeGard with Hemi), BezosWorld has bulk pricing for 3 pack of 5 quarts PUP 5W-30 in US. Picking up some for wifey & son vehicles, I stick with RL for Hemi.

$23.91 per 5 quart jug. Unbelievable. It was north of $40 a jug during the great 'shortage' debacle. Shell must have really turned on the GTL production afterburners - the world is awash in natural gas.
And yes, this beats Wally World by $5.50 a jug.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lead is pretty much ubiquitous these days, like Teflon. One scientist postulated that everyone on earth would show some traces of these two toxins in their blood. Go figure!
Just checked, I only see lead show up once, my latest report (which was a 20 grade) but only at 1 ppm which is basically within the margin of error? All the other UOA's are 0 lead, nice!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Lead is pretty much ubiquitous these days, like Teflon. One scientist postulated that everyone on earth would show some traces of these two toxins in their blood. Go figure!
One of the largest issues facing society today and largely nobody knows or cares. If you care about your family, cook in stainless steak or iron pans. The problem with long carbon chain molecules like in tank coatings and yes in nearly every human on earth especially from water proofing, is that our livers don't know what to do with it, so it gets stored in our fat. Try and limit exposure of water proofing and cooking in anything not steel. Crusader ware is what I use to cook my steaks, they were the first to leave toxic metals out of their pans and use only Pittsburg iron with proper stainless chromium and nickel. You can still buy this pans second hand and will cook you an excellent steak. The wife uses the lodge pan to cook everything else. You don't even want to use coated cookware to boil potatoes. One theory of why men look and act differently then the last generation is this thing stuck in every human body. The prevalence of this stuff is everywhere, from clothing to cookware.

crusader ware

Preheat that pan so sizzle, drop steak 5 minutes each side, set aside off heat and let cook. Will be red to the edge cooked perfect and the pan supplies the best steak sauce ever, it's own juice.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
btw, they also sold aluminum at one point, so don't buy that junk. Make sure it says stainless and verify with magnets. My pans are stainless with aluminum for handles only.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I prefer flaking Teflon pans.

Better living through synthesized molecules. Everyone could use 3 PFAS ingestions per day!
Hopefully you like it for 4 years or more, that is the half life of Teflon in the body. 4 years to cut your level in half of you stop using it, many more years to get it to undetectable, but the theory is you can never get rid of it 100%. And just think about how many different pan coatings there are these days, makes my head spin. Oh yeah I have a great idea for that tank coatings Dupont says many years ago, lets make cookware out of it, lol. pdf every human has c8 in their blood.

A Michigan State University study found PFCsin the blood of 400 different mammals, fishand birds on all seven continents. Studies show that nearly all people, regardless ofage, have some C8 in their blood.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Uh, that was a joke.
I was born and raised on DDT. Dad was in Ag Chemicals.
In the Navy we ground off and replaced rocket motor ablative trade name Flexfram. It was asbestos.
I should be dead by now.
oh I know brother. I'm not afraid of snakes or any man, but flaky Teflon scares the chat out of me, lol.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hopefully you like it for 4 years or more, that is the half life of Teflon in the body. 4 years to cut your level in half of you stop using it, many more years to get it to undetectable, but the theory is you can never get rid of it 100%. And just think about how many different pan coatings there are these days, makes my head spin. Oh yeah I have a great idea for that tank coatings Dupont says many years ago, lets make cookware out of it, lol. pdf every human has c8 in their blood.

A Michigan State University study found PFCsin the blood of 400 different mammals, fishand birds on all seven continents. Studies show that nearly all people, regardless ofage, have some C8 in their blood.
Chelation is the only way to rid one's body of these toxins, so I've read. This involves a complex process of the body getting toxins out of the fat cells, where they get stored, and converted to water based so they can be excreted. It's all WAY over my head. :)

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
oh I know brother. I'm not afraid of snakes or any man, but flaky Teflon scares the chat out of me, lol.
We could use 100 chest x-rays a year, too (borrowed from Repo Man movie)

The longer you live, the more cumulative damage you acquire, so it's all about finding previously unknown ways to disintegrate.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Dealers, especially Toyota dealers (lol), are refusing tundra as trade-in's, lmao. I laugh but it is quite tragic considering how much these cost and they aren't taking them in and wont trade for them and don't know what's wrong. I wonder if this will tank their reputation or just be a little blip on the most reliable vehicles made, time will answer that.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine

Too bad we couldn't all class action them and get made whole for the experimenting done on us ;)

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealers, especially Toyota dealers (lol), are refusing tundra as trade-in's, lmao. I laugh but it is quite tragic considering how much these cost and they aren't taking them in and wont trade for them and don't know what's wrong. I wonder if this will tank their reputation or just be a little blip on the most reliable vehicles made, time will answer that.
Even when I was in the market for a "new to me" used pickup, I saw quite a bit of Tundra for sale, but I swore that I would not own one. I'm talking about the old V8 ones. For one, the stigma of the toyota fanboys on all over the internet commenting on every single video about "should have bought a toyota", just left a bad taste in my mouth. The second reason is that I cannot get full insurance cover for them since all Tundras over here in Dubai are grey imports. They're not GCC spec. Even the local dealer will not touch them or service them, nor do they import Tundras as well. Even the new ones are not imported by the local dealer. Surprising missed opportunity on the Toyota dealers part there considering those V8 Tundras are so popular among the locals.
Anyways, long story short, I got myself another Ram and I couldn't be happier. GM / Ford trucks were tempting, but nope, not for me.
Give me my temperamental Hemi and I'm happy.

Last edited:

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are reasons many things come in different flavors, colors, sizes, etc. "To each his own!"
Even when I was in the market for a "new to me" used pickup, I saw quite a bit of Tundra for sale, but I swore that I would not own one. I'm talking about the old V8 ones. For one, the stigma of the toyota fanboys on all over the internet commenting on every single video about "should have bought a toyota", just left a bad taste in my mouth. The second reason is that I cannot get full insurance cover for them since all Tundras over here in Dubai are grey imports. They're not GCC spec. Even the local dealer will not touch them or service them, nor do they import Tundras as well. Even the new ones are not imported by the local dealer. Surprising missed opportunity on the Toyota dealers part there considering those V8 Tundras are so popular among the locals.
Anyways, long story short, I got myself another Ram and I couldn't be happier. GM / Ford trucks were tempting, but nope, not for me.
Give me my temperamental Hemi and I'm happy.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The $37 oil change is done on the Rogue. Whatever oil the dealer I bought it from threw in it made it rattle on cold starts but on SS 0w20 it was whisper quiet. So we'll see how this Valvoline R&R does.

I swear if I have another motor that's finicky about oil....
U do own a RAM lol ?

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly, I was ready to accept the new Hurricane inline 6 engines till they did this..