Votes: 399 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 661 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
So this is looking like its actually a great move for redline. Ive talked with guy i talked to previously and he just met with p66. The move took place last week. Ill just copy and paste what he said after i asked about formulation changes

No formulation changes at all.

Simply better distribution and a newer blending facility / lab. Also, lower cost due to easier logistics and… bluntly, not being in CA. Being an oil company in CA right now, is not politically friendly.

But significantly easier logistics to P66 CWD. (central warehouse distribution) that’s in IL. Significantly easier logistics for additives and base oils.

They did a lot of upgrades in the moving process as well for more exact blends, being able to do larger batches. And a newer lab for testing. Which means we should be getting PDS changes more often.
I am not disagreeing, and appreciate your effort. I hope it works out as described, but, as hemimann said, I have heard this song and dance before. Fingers crossed.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am not disagreeing, and appreciate your effort. I hope it works out as described, but, as hemimann said, I have heard this song and dance before. Fingers crossed.
Im curious how the staff will carry over as thats a big move. Im thinking its why dave granquest retired but im wondering if their chief chemist roy howell will stay with redline. He must be able to retire and im guessing he only stays out of his love for the company and the industry but a move from california to tennessee i could see him saying yeah its time to retire

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
According to the Valvoline dealer here in Dubai, there is no Vavoline Advanced Full Synthetic 5w30 in their lineup. They get products from Vavoline's global line which is.
Valvoline Synpower 5w30
Valvoline All Climate 5w30
I've attached their data sheets. Any idea how these stack up compared to the stuff you guys get in the US?

Attachments

• EUR_Val_AllClimate_5W30_MO_EN.pdf
    459.2 KB · Views: 2
  • EUR_Val_Syn_5W30_MO_EN.pdf
    380.6 KB · Views: 4