Votes: 400 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 662 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Working construction I like having a beater work car. The current one I have had for going on 12 years and owes me nothing. Been paid off for years and liability is dirt cheap on it. Run over a nail and a new tire is $50-60 compared to $200-300 plus for the truck. It's not going to win any beauty contests or races but it does its job for me. It also keeps miles off and less depreciation on the truck.

I'll always have an extra vehicle until I retire and not driving as much.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just did my mileage today, well over 120 bucks for 23 gallons, exact price per mile hand written 48 cents per mile, the wife's rav 4 18 cents per mile. Meaning whenever we go anywhere, we are driving her car. A short ten mile trip is ten bucks there and back, in the rav 4 the same trip 3.50.

If your commute is over 20 miles, you will easily pay for the loan payment buy driving a better fuel mileage vehicle. Don't sell the truck, just get a lil hooptie that gets 30 mpg. It's like getting a free car?
Are U out there in expensive Californy land by any chance? LOL....... I heard a rumor U all have 2 retirement accounts there: 1 for you, 1 for vehicle fuel, lol.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But service cost is higher, and tires are costly and last 25% as long as a cheap car. I had lots of customers who learned the hard way it was cheaper to commute in a Civic, but no fun.
YEAH, 100% agree. Since I got a Honda Trike with full independent rear, pushing on turns, I am side scuffing more to turn since resistance due to the way MC runs and tracks on road, costs me a new tire on the front of the Trike at $245 a pop every 8,000 miles or less. Those Exceedra Bridgestone(s) now make a specific tire built for the front instead of reverse mounting a tire, but U always gotta order them. I like the Bridgestone a lot betta than the crapola "Duponts". SO yeah, the MC a lot more to maintain, insurance not cheap on bikes any more, but there is the "FUN" factor.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Are U out there in expensive Californy land by any chance? LOL....... I heard a rumor U all have 2 retirement accounts there: 1 for you, 1 for vehicle fuel, lol.
Yeah, the only retirement plan we have is our house, like most CAians housing costs make this your only asset worth a damn.