Votes: 399 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 661 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Dunno, you hear nightmares of EV's in the cold, well jets fly in -50f and colder for hours on end. And the weight, that's another problem I guess, you know how heavy EV batteries are, how heavy will the ones need to be to propell a jet?

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ I would say that is correct.

With current battery tech there is not enough room in a jet to pack in the amount of batteries it would need to fly and then the weight would not allow it to get off the ground.

Cold weather kills the range and jets are required to go from flight to flight to flight with just refueling. Can they plug one in and wait a week or more for it to charge?

What I see happening with the path we are on is jets will be killed off, for the good of the environment of course, and us peons will no longer be allowed to fly. Flying will be reserved for the elite on small private planes.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I give you Alice, lmao?

Interesting link on the first electric jet that took an 8 minute flight and maxes out at 2600 pounds. Funny they names it after a traditional white girl from the 50's name, who knows why that was.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Dunno, you hear nightmares of EV's in the cold, well jets fly in -50f and colder for hours on end. And the weight, that's another problem I guess, you know how heavy EV batteries are, how heavy will the ones need to be to propell a jet?
What you’re saying is battery tech is not there. That’s my point. Electric cars aren’t ready for the masses.

Motoman501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Last night I spoke with two guys who work at the Nevada Tesla factory. They were even somewhat laughing at how a lot of their battery materials are mined in Canada, shipped to Nevada by diesel trains, then trucked to the plant in diesel trucks. Both of them drive diesel trucks and stated there's no way they'll part with them.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
How come commercial jets aren’t forced to comply with EpA standards ? How come United doesn’t have electric jet engines?

Same reason they haven't cracked down on maritime ocean going ships - international waters and many national waters.

I read a while ago some international agency was going after them. They've been burning straight Bunker-C Residual Slop - no exhaust emission treatment. You see the black smoke coming out their pipes. The one and only ocean cruise I went on (Forced Family Function) ship exhaust smelled godawful - worse than coal (yes I've smelled that on S.S. Badger). Was probably inhaling mercury, lead, chlorine, etc. on that windy day at sea.

Jets only burn kerosine - not nearly as dirty.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^ I would say that is correct.

With current battery tech there is not enough room in a jet to pack in the amount of batteries it would need to fly and then the weight would not allow it to get off the ground.

Cold weather kills the range and jets are required to go from flight to flight to flight with just refueling. Can they plug one in and wait a week or more for it to charge?

What I see happening with the path we are on is jets will be killed off, for the good of the environment of course, and us peons will no longer be allowed to fly. Flying will be reserved for the elite on small private planes.
I see that happening, they don't want us to be able to freely travel.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On paper those look pretty similar to the Advance Protection. Definitely a good off the shelf oil.
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-18 at 09.20.42.jpeg
Its cheap too. Approx 74 USD for 16 litres. I'm just wondering if the additive package is as good as Valvoline Advanced 5w30.
I'm wondering if this or Havoline Pro DS 5w30 would be good.
Havoline UOAs.. OK.. Not a Hemi engine, but gives an idea of what to expect.
Havoline Pro DS.jpegHavoline Pro DS 02.jpeg

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got back from a camping trip in Myrtle Beach. 18hr drive and just over 1000 miles each way, the 11 year old truck with now 99k on it pulled it like a champ and the drivers side is still quiet. Seriously, this truck is the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Let's hope RL doesn't discontinue the 5w30 Hemi honey because it's the only thing that makes its butter smooth. SS 0w40 is a close second but it's just not as quiet on it.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very true @Hemi395. A Silent engine is the goal I suppose.
Came out of a local supermarket last week and walked past a Chrysler 300C. The car was on and idling, but it literally made no sound. I went to put the shopping in my truck and come back to ask the dude what engine oil he was using. But before I could, he drove away. Had a Hemi with a mopar exhaust, it was loud and proud when he revved it, but as silent as an electric car when idling. I was more then impressed. Hope I see that car again.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The gov't without any notice in January changed the rules on ev rebates, only one Tesla model can now get the rebate, the model y. So musk tanked plans to expand ev's with a cheaper model and now is laying off 14k people. Cause and effect, they expanded their business based on ev rebates period stop, they were expecting those sales, this administration just took money out of Teslas pocket, probably on a political payback move, who knows.

This was a huge blow, considering how many other models across all brands het the rebate...

Why does Model 3 not qualify for tax credit?

The Model 3's base RWD and long-range variants' batteries will no longer qualify for a credit because they don't meet the requirements for the component sourcing. However, the battery in the Model 3 Performance version meets all requirements and will still be eligible for the credit.Dec 19, 2023

So the most affordable Tesla you cant get the rebate, but yet the chevy bolt which are very cheap you can get the rebate? If you are in the market for an entry level EV and one brand gives you 7500 off the top for buying and one you have to pay full price, which EV do you buy?
Me neither, LOL. But how the Govt does things always baffles me.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Good news, CA will save many lives with latest ban Pez candy, hot tamales, jelly belly candy corn. I guess they were just getting warmed up banning maxlife.