Votes: 399 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 661 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Dunno, you hear nightmares of EV's in the cold, well jets fly in -50f and colder for hours on end. And the weight, that's another problem I guess, you know how heavy EV batteries are, how heavy will the ones need to be to propell a jet?

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ I would say that is correct.

With current battery tech there is not enough room in a jet to pack in the amount of batteries it would need to fly and then the weight would not allow it to get off the ground.

Cold weather kills the range and jets are required to go from flight to flight to flight with just refueling. Can they plug one in and wait a week or more for it to charge?

What I see happening with the path we are on is jets will be killed off, for the good of the environment of course, and us peons will no longer be allowed to fly. Flying will be reserved for the elite on small private planes.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I give you Alice, lmao?

Interesting link on the first electric jet that took an 8 minute flight and maxes out at 2600 pounds. Funny they names it after a traditional white girl from the 50's name, who knows why that was.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Dunno, you hear nightmares of EV's in the cold, well jets fly in -50f and colder for hours on end. And the weight, that's another problem I guess, you know how heavy EV batteries are, how heavy will the ones need to be to propell a jet?
What you’re saying is battery tech is not there. That’s my point. Electric cars aren’t ready for the masses.

Motoman501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Last night I spoke with two guys who work at the Nevada Tesla factory. They were even somewhat laughing at how a lot of their battery materials are mined in Canada, shipped to Nevada by diesel trains, then trucked to the plant in diesel trucks. Both of them drive diesel trucks and stated there's no way they'll part with them.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
How come commercial jets aren’t forced to comply with EpA standards ? How come United doesn’t have electric jet engines?

Same reason they haven't cracked down on maritime ocean going ships - international waters and many national waters.

I read a while ago some international agency was going after them. They've been burning straight Bunker-C Residual Slop - no exhaust emission treatment. You see the black smoke coming out their pipes. The one and only ocean cruise I went on (Forced Family Function) ship exhaust smelled godawful - worse than coal (yes I've smelled that on S.S. Badger). Was probably inhaling mercury, lead, chlorine, etc. on that windy day at sea.

Jets only burn kerosine - not nearly as dirty.