Votes: 399 14.4%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 994 35.8%
  • Other

Votes: 661 23.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose2

Military
Reaction score
I do burn a good amount of wood, only turn heat on in the am b4 work until i get insert going again. I prolly have 5 cords on hand now.
Have hot water running off 80 gallon heatpump so i only used 108gals of oil last season.
Lotta work collecting/splitting wood! Nothing like the heat though.
I look at woodcutting like this: saves me the cost of a gym membership.........without the stinky air.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
We had oak wilt fungus move through some decades past, so I'm still burning the last of the oak on our acreage. If I didn't have to use it, I'd go with pellet stove too. And I agree, woods work is an honest workout and very satisfying. "Firewood warms you twice."

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
We had oak wilt fungus move through some decades past, so I'm still burning the last of the oak on our acreage. If I didn't have to use it, I'd go with pellet stove too. And I agree, woods work is an honest workout and very satisfying. "Firewood warms you twice."
Its fun to me! I love swingin an axe and runnin a saw

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
going to stihl the week, what a joke. I would be so far gone of not for my wife 25 years into her career. I kinda hope she gives up so I can use it as leverage to convince her to move to bend Oregon or arizona or nev.

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
CA new forest management tool... Timburrrrr...

View attachment 473557
I worked on the wildfires here in Montana for 15 years, and all the hotshot crews had those. (LOL!!!) Having said that, I do have an 80v Kobalt saw that I love using around the yard, but if I head to the woods or go to help a friend with a dead or fallen tree, I gotta love my Stihl! (altho, for some odd reason, it seems to be getting a little heavier every year...I don't get it...??)