Votes: 396 14.3%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 992 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 660 23.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I no longer have a HEMI, I didn't want to keep the name. Name changes are public, you can click on mine and it will show you my old one. Also, I thought this one was pretty funny :)

View attachment 493841
What kind of vehicle are you sporting now? Did you jump ship altogether like I did?

Rod Knock

Reaction score
What kind of vehicle are you sporting now? Did you jump ship altogether like I did?
No, not really. My dad has the RAM 1500 and I just do the routine maintenance on it. I got a 2022 Dodge Durango GT Plus AWD with the Pentastar V6. I would have loved the HEMI, but they didn't have any. Right now in my area, you can't even buy a Durango anymore, they're all sold out. But I mean it's nice, D-shaped steering wheel, padle shifters, all the toys.

I just replaced all the fluids with Red Line last week: RL 0W-20 in the engine, RL 75W-90 front, and rear diff, and RL D4 ATF in the MP 2010 transfer case, which in reality is a unit made by Daimler-Benz, lol. They call it an "Integrated Transfer Case" and I could barely get 430ml of fluid in there, with the rear lifted almost a foot off the ground.

I even put a 6-inch Red Line sticker on the rear window, lol.

1653277333692.png

Last edited:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Seeing as the boat got put in the lake in 57 degree weather, I suppose I've milked my winter oil as long as I should, even for upper Siberia (mid-Minnesota).

Out with Red Line 0W-30, in with Red Line 5W-30..........@ a whopping 3,200 miles. Don't think a UOA is worth it.

Rod Knock

Reaction score
Unless I see unbiased filtration testing from a trustworthy third-party source, I'll pass.
Good luck with that. I wouldn't consider the following source trustworthy:

RAM uses FRAM or Purolator as OEM for their air filters, and they always go with the lowest-priced version. The OEM filter on my RAM 1500 was a "Made in Mexico" FRAM. The entire truck was "Made in Mexico," except for the "Made in Germany" 8HP70, so no surprise.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good luck with that. I wouldn't consider the following source trustworthy:

RAM uses FRAM or Purolator as OEM for their air filters, and they always go with the lowest-priced version. The OEM filter on my RAM 1500 was a "Made in Mexico" FRAM. The entire truck was "Made in Mexico," except for the "Made in Germany" 8HP70, so no surprise.
My oem air filter was mahle.

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The best is one you can degrease and reoil although it’s even better when connected to a Procharger. But I advise you to get as large a K&N as possible and a 4” versus 3” inlet.

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cotton gauze is for bandages not air filters.
Yup...I have it on good authority from a very competent mechanic that the K&N air filters are ok if you don't live in a dusty area. They're designed for better airflow, hence not as efficient at trapping dust. And since I live in dusty ol' montana, I'll shoot for efficiency.