Votes: 396 14.3%
  • Valvoline Synpower

Votes: 160 5.8%
  • Mobil 1

Votes: 992 35.9%
  • Other

Votes: 660 23.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Not a clue. Mobil 1 FS 0w40 has every spec under the sun listed on the PDS except for noack other than that they dont tell you much anymore.

Just a side note, for ilsac gf7 NOACK tests will be run at 150C instead of 250C. MRV will be capped at 40,000 instead of 60,000 these days.
oh that's a hoot. WTF, just change the values to fake a result, so classic. Why not go even hotter instead of colder? Do you happen to know the logic behind that? Amsoil and redline will have a noack of zero?

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
oh that's a hoot. WTF, just change the values to fake a result, so classic. Why not go even hotter instead of colder? Do you happen to know the logic behind that? Amsoil and redline will have a noack of zero?
I dont. My guess is someone decided 250C is "unrealistic" when operating temp is 100C. Pretty dumb IMO. Amsoil, redline, and HPL will likely have NOACKs of 0.2 lol. They should have changed the limit for NOACK to 10%. Its currently 15% and dexos 1 gen 3 limit is 13% limit. Im curious to see what dexos 1 gen 4 will bring

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
The point of the hot test was to simulate how much the oil will evaporate near the top of the cylinder wall, top ring, and bottom piston crown. This is NOT bulk sump oil temperature.
What kind of morons are on these councils now days?
Imma not coming out of retirement since everything will be an EV vehicle abandoned along roadsides in winter in a few years.

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The point of the hot test was to simulate how much the oil will evaporate near the top of the cylinder wall, top ring, and bottom piston crown. This is NOT bulk sump oil temperature.
What kind of morons are on these councils now days?
Imma not coming out of retirement since everything will be an EV vehicle abandoned along roadsides in winter in a few years.
Thats exactly my the old mobil 1 ads from the 80s and 90s always said "temperatures in parts of your engine can reach 570 degrees"

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Thats exactly my the old mobil 1 ads from the 80s and 90s always said "temperatures in parts of your engine can reach 570 degrees"

How coincidental that I was a Mobil Industrial Field Service Lube Engineer, eh? :cool:

gfh77665

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You interjected into my comments without any of them being addressed specifically to you. You wanted the attention and you got it. Now you're unhappy with the results.

I doubt you walk up to strangers on the street and include yourself into their conversations because you want attention. Don't do that here either.

So, that's perfectly fine, move along, and have a good night.
Seriously? What arrogance. How exactly do you think these forums work? No one waits to be "addressed specifically" before joining an OPEN DISCUSSION. Clue in, Eric, the members here are not "strangers on the street", they are participants. Do you think you are some kind of elite gatekeeper that allows or disallows other members the ability to post? You wanted attention and now you got it. I hope you are happy with the results.

BIG_KAHUNA

Reaction score
OK so I order blackstone kit, I have valvoline EP 0w20 I will mix 15oz of lubegard in 8 quarts of oil I will shake it well and send a sample to get tested, if everything looks good I will run it in my Sierra for 2k miles of so and I will send a sample to see how she is doing !! only down side is around 1 month wait .

Travis8352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
OK so I order blackstone kit, I have valvoline EP 0w20 I will mix 15oz of lubegard in 8 quarts of oil I will shake it well and send a sample to get tested, if everything looks good I will run it in my Sierra for 2k miles of so and I will send a sample to see how she is doing !! only down side is around 1 month wait .
IIRC your using edge ep 0w20 currently. Whats wrong with that oil that you want it changed out already?