Tailgate lock recall notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Called to schedule my tailgate recall repair and they said the parts are on backorder and I'll have to wait for them to call me.....

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ive never seen a woven ratchet strap wear out in 30yrs weve been using them to ratchet tons of granite slabs onto our trucks in all weather imaginable-seems like the repair could be done without even removing the tank-but thats my opinion anyway.
Fair enough, I'm thinking of them fraying but in this case it would be a one and done install but the ratchet mechanism would eventually rust and fail under the truck. My point is why not let them do i right in the recall for free?

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just looked at my fuel tank notice and it extends the covered period to 12 years if you have trouble with it
not a recall
This may be Canada only

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I got the letter in the mail last week so i'll have to schedule the work with the dealer, or perhaps i'll get the part and install it myself. i've seen the install video and its a piece of cake. in the meantime my tailgate won't go anywhere anyways if the part decided to fail :)

48817875883_18313ff230_k.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Hello! If you'd like assistance in setting up your appointment for the recall, feel free to send us a private message. We can get it set up for you!

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Called to schedule my tailgate recall repair and they said the parts are on backorder and I'll have to wait for them to call me.....

What dealer are you working with? Parts should be available now. Feel free to send us a private message if you'd like to discuss further.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just looked at my fuel tank notice and it extends the covered period to 12 years if you have trouble with it
not a recall
This may be Canada only
I noticed that-it was for 2013 and up-I would have been good with that. I went under my truck and the strap looks perfect-I sprayed the bracket and everything around it with fluid film and its been undercoated every year since new. I may be paranoid -I just dont like dealerships messing with my truck thats 7yrs old and running perfect and telling me I should be looking at buying a new one because this or that. I dont open my hood to anyone other than the mechanic that ive trusted for 30yrs

snowman3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Another fun feature of the Rotary shift update is that if you roll up to your spot in neutral and shut the key off, the computer will decide that you must not know what the heck you are doing and slam it into park before you stop. :eek: At least I was only figuring on rolling the last 10 feet or so rather than half way up the driveway like I used to do back in highschool when getting home late.

I guess I won't be doing that again...

tractorfix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Going in Friday for tailgate. Unfortunately the dealer did the shifter recall when they PDI'd it so thats a moot point now. Oddly I have not received a notice for the tailgate on my 18 2500 but it was a late built truck (Oct 18) so maybe they'd already introduced the new part in production. At least no shifter BS on that one. Push clutch, pick gear, release clutch LOL

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Going in Friday for tailgate. Unfortunately the dealer did the shifter recall when they PDI'd it so thats a moot point now. Oddly I have not received a notice for the tailgate on my 18 2500 but it was a late built truck (Oct 18) so maybe they'd already introduced the new part in production. At least no shifter BS on that one. Push clutch, pick gear, release clutch LOL
I think it's just the 1500's for tailgate

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Got mine done yesterday. In at 3:00pm and out at 3:14pm.

JD Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2016, 2016
Engine
6.7, 6.4, 6.7, 5.9 in a F750
I think it's just the 1500's for tailgate

Nope, my '14 2500 was supposed to have it but I replaced my tailgate a long time ago with one for a fifth wheel.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ordered the tailgate “fix” part and fixed it myself. $3 and don’t have to deal with the dealership.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963