Tailgate Passive Entry Problem with my 2020 Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeyGarcia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The passive entry for my tailgate stopped working after having some work minor dent work done to my tailgate. The local Dodge dealer ran a diagnostic on the truck after the work was completed to ensure everything was working properly, however, they passive entry on the tailgate is no longer functioning. Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, how were you able to fix it. I called the dealer and no one seem to know why it is no longer working.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
So the lock does not unlock or lock mechanically

But it works with the remote ?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The passive entry for my tailgate stopped working after having some work minor dent work done to my tailgate. The local Dodge dealer ran a diagnostic on the truck after the work was completed to ensure everything was working properly, however, they passive entry on the tailgate is no longer functioning. Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, how were you able to fix it. I called the dealer and no one seem to know why it is no longer working.
Are they just blowing you off about this problem? They are required to fix it if your truck is still under warranty. Their job is to troubleshoot this issue and then fix it. Maybe @RamCares can help if they aren't fulfilling their responsibility.

OP
OP
M

MikeyGarcia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Are they just blowing you off about this problem? They are required to fix it if your truck is still under warranty. Their job is to troubleshoot this issue and then fix it. Maybe @RamCares can help if they aren't fulfilling their responsibility.
No, I would not say they are blowing me off. I was just hoping to find a way to fix it myself without having to take it in. I thought someone in this group may have run across this problem and would be able to help me out.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No, I would not say they are blowing me off. I was just hoping to find a way to fix it myself without having to take it in. I thought someone in this group may have run across this problem and would be able to help me out.
Thanks for clarifying. Your original post made me think the worst LOL.

It's not something I've seen. And I don't remember reading any threads about this particular problem. About all you can do is remove the access panel and make sure everything's connected that should be. But I can't imagine the dealer service dept. won't be able to figure this out.