Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Thanks guys!!!

Mine cab vents came in Friday. Going to try to get it done this week because we are getting more rain soon.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well got it done today. Lucky for me when I installed Laramie seats I cut the hooks on the back so I could fold my seats down. Forgot I did that. lol
That saved about 30 minutes on install. Just folded the seats down. Un did a clip and took of the that black hook thing up top and was able to reach them.

Now it helped having my buddy lay on the ground and wedged the vent up as high as he could reach, then I grabbed it and snapped it in place. The passenger side was a little tighter I will say. Had to use some force. lol

Hopefully I'm good for a while now.

Last edited:

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Glad you got it fixed! At least with my megacab, if I have to replace them now it is way easier than my crew cab. Those new ones should last you a long time. Can't say I've ever replaced them twice.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I want to thank all of you that are contributing to this thread.
Since this seems to be the peak of the rainy season on the west coast after reading this thread I am apprehensive yet motivated to see if my 2016 has either of these issues the third brake light or pressure equalization vents.

I have yet to modify my crew-cab to fold down the rear bench .
I would like to ask those who have recently done this to access the vents and or remove water damaged carpet if there was added difficulty in removing the bolts because of water intrusion and confirmed the bolts are 17mm hex head.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
No issues for me, and both of my underseat storage bins had standing water in them. If I recall correctly I "think" it's a 17mm bolt for the seats. They're torqued pretty tight so I used my extendable ratchet to get more leverage. It's been about 6-8 months since I did the ones in my old 1500.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
No issues for me, and both of my underseat storage bins had standing water in them. If I recall correctly I "think" it's a 17mm bolt for the seats. They're torqued pretty tight so I used my extendable ratchet to get more leverage. It's been about 6-8 months since I did the ones in my old 1500.
I found this

Says 18mm I guess I can handle carrying both.
Maybe the difference is split bench as apposed to full bench ?

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
They're the same sized bolts on both. The holes in the floor don't differentiate.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
They're the same sized bolts on both. The holes in the floor don't differentiate.
I’m more concerned with the bolt hex than the bolt thread.
But since you mentioned it what is the thread pitch you think ?

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
They're all the same as far as I've seen. It's possible that I'm wrong, but I doubt it. They want to keep as many components the same as possible in large scale manufacturing.
You’d be surprised on how many crossovers there are in the history of manufacturing. Thankfully the sun is out today and I have an 18 in my box .

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
They're 18mm headed bolts. I just finished mine yesterday. I've had the truck nearly 1 year and about 3 weeks ago I found that anything I had stored under the rear seat was wet and getting mildly moldy. We'd had a TON of rain the last couple months. Suspected my cab vents and since they're only $28, I went ahead and bought new ones. Found that a couple of my seat bolts were rusty enough to give me problems coming out, some PB Blaster and a wire brush from underneath and working them in and out a few times got them out with no issue.

I did find that putting the vents in is alot easier if you simply turn them 90* before trying to stick them through the hole. Most people say to put them through at an angle and that just wasn't working and I discovered the 90* trick.

IMG_8485.JPG

IMG_8499.JPG

IMG_8495.JPG

Did a water test and found I still had some issues. Looked to be coming from either a stopped up slider drain or the driver's corner of the back glass seal. Pulled the little retainers for the glass cables and found the drain holes. Pass side was fine, driver's side was full of gunk and I couldn't even find the drain holes to start with. Cleaned it all out, blew them all out with a WD40 nozzle and 120psi, fingers crossed that fixes it. Did the back seat mod as well so I can keep an eye on it going forward. Haven't done a water test again, wanted to enjoy a dry interior for a few days at least

IMG_8516.JPG

IMG_8518.JPG

IMG_8523.JPG

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Vent insert (2) needed
68323649AB
8.8 x 8.2 x 2.2 inches
EXHAUSTER Bodyside Aperture

Seat base to floor bolts (4) needed
6511069AA
Screw And Washer Hex Head
M12X1.75X50.50

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They're 18mm headed bolts. I just finished mine yesterday. I've had the truck nearly 1 year and about 3 weeks ago I found that anything I had stored under the rear seat was wet and getting mildly moldy. We'd had a TON of rain the last couple months. Suspected my cab vents and since they're only $28, I went ahead and bought new ones. Found that a couple of my seat bolts were rusty enough to give me problems coming out, some PB Blaster and a wire brush from underneath and working them in and out a few times got them out with no issue.

I did find that putting the vents in is alot easier if you simply turn them 90* before trying to stick them through the hole. Most people say to put them through at an angle and that just wasn't working and I discovered the 90* trick.

View attachment 537066

View attachment 537068

View attachment 537069

Did a water test and found I still had some issues. Looked to be coming from either a stopped up slider drain or the driver's corner of the back glass seal. Pulled the little retainers for the glass cables and found the drain holes. Pass side was fine, driver's side was full of gunk and I couldn't even find the drain holes to start with. Cleaned it all out, blew them all out with a WD40 nozzle and 120psi, fingers crossed that fixes it. Did the back seat mod as well so I can keep an eye on it going forward. Haven't done a water test again, wanted to enjoy a dry interior for a few days at least

View attachment 537070

View attachment 537071

View attachment 537072

Umm, I will have to keep an eye on that.

I wash my truck almost every week don't park under any tree's at work or home. So mine should be clean.
We look to be getting a lot of rain this weekend, so going to be checking the back seat often.