Talk me into (or out of) 37's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Where is your build page? I did not see one. You should definitely put one up for us.
I haven't put one up yet, Ive been debating on doing it. I have like 2-3 more big purchases to get it closer to the temporary end game but maybe ill do one and just add to it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't put one up yet, Ive been debating on doing it. I had like 2-3 more big purchases to get it closer to the temporary end game but maybe ill do one and just add to it

Well yea, thats the way they work! Dont kid yourself, you will be updating your build for years to come LOL

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I haven't put one up yet, Ive been debating on doing it. I had like 2-3 more big purchases to get it closer to the temporary end game but maybe ill do one and just add to it

It’s fun to watch the build transpire. I waited till I have a few interesting things to write about before I started but some details were already forgotten. So like your journey with tires, you changed sizes twice and who knows, you might regear and go for 39s or 40s. so when you are laid up with a fat belly and cannot move tomorrow, you can start typing out your Build! Haha

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
It’s fun to watch the build transpire. I waited till I have a few interesting things to write about before I started but some details were already forgotten. So like your journey with tires, you changed sizes twice and who knows, you might regear and go for 39s or 40s. so when you are laid up with a fat belly and cannot move tomorrow, you can start typing out your Build! Haha
40s are end game but not for a good while. Thats a decent chunk of money to get there. Pretty content with 37s for now. I'll try to put something together. Ultimately it comes down to me being lazy [emoji1787]

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
40s are end game but not for a good while. Thats a decent chunk of money to get there. Pretty content with 37s for now. I'll try to put something together. Ultimately it comes down to me being lazy [emoji1787]

I got 4 40s for under $1300 from DTD

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I got 4 40s for under $1300 from DTD
Id still need wheels, AEV flares, hydro assist and gears off the top of my head. Thats a few grand my wife wouldn't appreciate me spending right now ...lol especially since we just had our second child. I gotta be strategic about expensive mods [emoji1787]

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Id still need wheels, AEV flares, hydro assist and gears off the top of my head. Thats a few grand my wife wouldn't appreciate me spending right now ...lol especially since we just had our second child. I gotta be strategic about expensive mods [emoji1787]

A few grand!???! Times a few more!

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
A few grand!???! Times a few more!
semantics ...lol a few for me could mean anywhere between 2 to 10...lol at least I didn't say a couple [emoji1787] I'm famous for that at work I'll say get me a couple bolts and somebody will actually get me two bolts , when in my head i know full well i need at least 5 [emoji23]

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I use one of my 2nd gens as a "tire tester" before my 4th gens get tires. It's a 2500 that I gasser swapped with 3.55 gears and the 46re. Surprisingly it really wasn't phased by the tires and I had coverage with just regular Bushwhacker flares. So I ordered them for my PW that has 4.10s. now this summer I plan on 44s and a regear.

I'm doing it myself but around here for what they want for labor I would try to do it myself even if I didn't. My shop is cheap compared to them. They wanted $2500 just for labor and $3500 if you wanted air lockers. Insane

OP
OP
Adventurebound

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So which tire did I end up with....? Well it was a little bit of a process actually. After much contemplation and advise from this forum I had my mind set on KM3 37's. BFG, and probably the Rona, had a different decision for me. Apparently there is a national back order on the 37 KM3's with no ETA. So this actually got me thinking. For what I do, do I really need 37's? I'm not "mud bogging" or straight up rock crawling. I also don't like not being able to carry a full size spare. For where I go in some extreme remote locations that's not an option.

Low and behold....I went with 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Put about 800 miles on them over Thanksgiving traveling the El Camino Del Diablo, runs the border between Yuma to Organ Pipe National Monument all off-road and I gotta say super impressed with the tire. I think the size is perfect for what I do. 37 would look cool but might not be the most practical...but time will tell.IMG_20201129_161145114_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201128_124210424_HDR.jpg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So which tire did I end up with....? Well it was a little bit of a process actually. After much contemplation and advise from this forum I had my mind set on KM3 37's. BFG, and probably the Rona, had a different decision for me. Apparently there is a national back order on the 37 KM3's with no ETA. So this actually got me thinking. For what I do, do I really need 37's? I'm not "mud bogging" or straight up rock crawling. I also don't like not being able to carry a full size spare. For where I go in some extreme remote locations that's not an option.

Low and behold....I went with 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Put about 800 miles on them over Thanksgiving traveling the El Camino Del Diablo, runs the border between Yuma to Organ Pipe National Monument all off-road and I gotta say super impressed with the tire. I think the size is perfect for what I do. 37 would look cool but might not be the most practical...but time will tell.View attachment 229016

View attachment 229017

You sure those arnt 37’s? :rotflmao:

Looks great!

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You sure those arnt 37’s? :rotflmao:

I find myself often looking at trucks either here, insta, or FB and have a hard time telling. 35x12.5's look great on this truck.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Low and behold....I went with 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Put about 800 miles on them over Thanksgiving traveling the El Camino Del Diablo, runs the border between Yuma to Organ Pipe National Monument all off-road and I gotta say super impressed with the tire. I think the size is perfect for what I do. 37 would look cool but might not be the most practical...but time will tell.View attachment 229016

View attachment 229017
Good tire choice. I wanted 37’s too but ended up going with 35’s Toyo RT’s. My buddy put ridge grapplers on a couple weeks ago but when Mopar was having the buy 3 get one free sale in November they were backordered so i went with the RT’s. Funny thing when parked side by side the Toyos look slightly taller and the Nittos look wider but a tape measure shows they are identical in height and width. both sets are mounted on AEV saltas.

TerrysWagon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I did 35s initially and for a bit i was content but it didn't last long. Did a thuren level and 37s within 6 months. Id say just go 37 right off the bat but thats just my 2 cents

‘with the Thuren level was any trimming necessary?

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
‘with the Thuren level was any trimming necessary?
for everyday driving the only trimming I had to do was a little bit of the fender liner and bottom part of the flare near the pinch seam. Mine is a 2017.

once I started hitting some trails and getting some decent articulation I had to trim a little bit more and fold my pinch seam over. I also had to trim some of the front lower fender liner on the driver side

Last edited:

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
You likely don't need 37s since this truck is so capable from the factory but after installing 37s I wouldn't go back to something smaller. These are big trucks and 37s just look right to me. Other than stance I like the increase in ground clearance since the pumpkins are so large and hang low. I run 37x13.5 KM3's and have no regrets. They are great on road and even better off-road. Looks like you have the 8 speed so re-gear would be less of a requirement. The big negative for me is no full size spare in the stock location but I plan on running a full size spare once I get a bed cover.

View attachment 227923

View attachment 227924

View attachment 227926

I don't want to step on ya toes but damn bro...I'm in love with that look. I just got a 2020 white n black and need her standing tall just like yours brother.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't want to step on ya toes but damn bro...I'm in love with that look. I just got a 2020 white n black and need her standing tall just like yours brother.

Its all stock suspension, just the tires :cheers:

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks Man! 37's completely change the look of the truck....no regrets, I would buy the same setup again. I see so many lifted trucks with big tires in my area but the wheels are too big or shiny and tires stick out so I like the non flashy almost stock look I have.

I had a guy recently ask me if I was running a 6" or 8" lift! He was surprised it was just tires/wheels. I removed the factory steps also which makes it look taller than before.