Talk me into (or out of) 37's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
Thanks Man! 37's completely change the look of the truck....no regrets, I would buy the same setup again. I see so many lifted trucks with big tires in my area but the wheels are too big or shiny and tires stick out so I like the non flashy almost stock look I have.

I had a guy recently ask me if I was running a 6" or 8" lift! He was surprised it was just tires/wheels. I removed the factory steps also which makes it look taller than before.

I noticed bro. I said the exact something to the wife. I said "look, he even took off the running boards which gives it a even more meaner look" !!!

I just ain't got $3500 right now to do it "right". 5 wheels n 5 tires.... killing me. Additionally, I have the all black stock rims, and I like their look. If I had the black and metal rims like I had on my 2017, then it would be a no brainer....

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I noticed bro. I said the exact something to the wife. I said "look, he even took off the running boards which gives it a even more meaner look" !!!

I just ain't got $3500 right now to do it "right". 5 wheels n 5 tires.... killing me. Additionally, I have the all black stock rims, and I like their look. If I had the black and metal rims like I had on my 2017, then it would be a no brainer....

haha! I know the feeling. At first I told myself I'll upgrade tires/wheels when I wear out the original tires. Then I told myself bigger tires on stock wheels and before you know it bam!...went all the way! I made the mistake of joining this forum :) I got the wheels and tires on sale so it was more like ~$2700 for 5 and sold my stock setup for $1K so out of pocket it wasn't too bad.

I like the stock black wheels so I would just put some 37x12.5s and be good to go. Sell the stock tires and your out only a few hundred.

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
haha! I know the feeling. At first I told myself I'll upgrade tires/wheels when I wear out the original tires. Then I told myself bigger tires on stock wheels and before you know it bam!...went all the way! I made the mistake of joining this forum :) I got the wheels and tires on sale so it was more like ~$2700 for 5 and sold my stock setup for $1K so out of pocket it wasn't too bad.

I like the stock black wheels so I would just put some 37x12.5s and be good to go. Sell the stock tires and your out only a few hundred.

If I wanted to sell these brand new rims and tires to offset the cost, what do you think I could get for them?

Also, is there any difference in offset with the AEV's vs the stock rims that would aid in fitting the 37's?

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I wanted to sell these brand new rims and tires to offset the cost, what do you think I could get for them?

Also, is there any difference in offset with the AEV's vs the stock rims that would aid in fitting the 37's?
buddy just sold his new take off tires and black wheels without tpms sensors for $1400 it took a couple weeks and he had lots of low ball offers before someone paid his asking price. He had to deliver them a bit over 200 miles round trip but it was worth it to him. As far as AEV vs stock the AEV has better offset for bigger tires and is 1/2" wider at 8.5" wide which most 37's are going to ask for 8.5" wide wheel at a minimum .

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

I almost broke off my grab handle trying to get in to my truck when I had my steps off a few days.

Scotts26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw that a few months back...surprised it hasnt got bought up yet.

It takes a certain discerning individual to really want that color I think. I wonder if it’s a wrap or paint. Window sticker link on the dealers site says it’s granite crystal. And I bet that thing is a dog with the 40’s unless it’s been regeared.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's been for sale since at least Sept.

I wonder what lift is on it. It has AEV flares and bumper wings.

Dealer is probably just using it for lot candy. With that wrap color, parked out front it's better than a highway billboard.

TA-PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't.

It's the running boards. They defeat the whole purpose of the 40" tires.
Lol, I just meant I liked the Meme with the Canadian VS US description of the sizes, personally I have also debated going 35 or 37, I have made my decision I’m going with 37” Toyo MT’s.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Since you live in Fort McMurray I wouldn't expect much with cold weather grip with the 37" Toyo MT's in winter conditions. I live in the Rockies and the 35" Toyo C/T's are good on my Power Wagon for our negative 40 degree Fahrenheit winter conditions as well as our 100 degree Fahrenheit summers.

TA-PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since you live in Fort McMurray I wouldn't expect much with cold weather grip with the 37" Toyo MT's in winter conditions. I live in the Rockies and the 35" Toyo C/T's are good on my Power Wagon for our negative 40 degree Fahrenheit winter conditions as well as our 100 degree Fahrenheit summers.
Its probably the second most run tire up here behind the Goodyear Duratracs, I have a couple of buddies running the Toyo MT’s and they love them. Our snow is so dry up here most of the time it’s actually pretty good for traction, but the mud is so slick it’s not even funny! I’m thinking the 37’s will get me into and out of more spots in the mud and muskeg for early season hunting……… I’m hoping

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Its probably the second most run tire up here behind the Goodyear Duratracs, I have a couple of buddies running the Toyo MT’s and they love them. Our snow is so dry up here most of the time it’s actually pretty good for traction, but the mud is so slick it’s not even funny! I’m thinking the 37’s will get me into and out of more spots in the mud and muskeg for early season hunting……… I’m hoping
Our Western Colorado's snow is dry powder. Steamboat Springs named it "Champagne Powder", but then they're snobs. I live near the Powderhorn ski area and we call it "snow" and drink beer. Need tires that don't become like a hockey puck in extreme cold.

The mud off of the highway has bentonite in it with sharp rocks. It sticks to all tires like snot and it is so slick and sticky that it is used on the oil drilling bits for lubrication. The best tread design isn't a mud terrain out here. It's sad that the Toyo C/T's don't come in 37’s.

From the NPS (National Park Service)...

"The local clay packs into the spaces between the knobby treads like peanut butter. It isn't flung out by the revolution of the wheel like watery mud in other regions of the country. Mud-terrain tires turn into slick, smooth donuts that have no traction in mud in this area."

https://www.nps.gov/para/planyourvisit/4x4-vehicles-and-off-pavement-travel-safety.htm

Last edited:

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
For those who are considering Duratracs but want a beefier tire with 10ply/3ply sidewalls, consider the Kanati Trail Hogs (hate the name, love the tire,) the wider spaced outer lugs clean out better than some of the other AT`s and cost abut a third less (or more) than the name brand tires...

Kind of a hybrid, tighter spaced and heavily sipped central tread with almost mud like wider spaced outer lugs!

ekms377

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does everyone with 37s carry a spare??? That's my only hang up on getting them.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Honest opinion of 37" Toyo M/T's on Power Wagon in Rocky Mountain snow. View 1 1/2 minutes to 2 minutes of video...

Last edited:

nail_bender1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unlike most of the group my PW has only been in the snow once. It's one of the downfalls of living in SoCal. Thus my post may not be relevant. I just switched to Falken AT3's 12.5X 35 X 17. My experience so far is uneven road surfaces are magnified, any type of grove pulls the truck more than on stock tires. Stopping, well the brakes seem under powered with the larger tires. I really noticed it when pulling a trailer. Before you ask yes the trailer also has brakes and only weighs #3500. The good is no rubbing, but I have Thuren 1 1/2 inch over front springs and Fox shocks. A much better look the stock tire as small for the big size of the truck and a 55,000 mile warranty. My 2 cents is 35's are good I would worry about stopping power and acceleration with 37's.