Talk me into (or out of) 37's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
Unlike most of the group my PW has only been in the snow once. It's one of the downfalls of living in SoCal. Thus my post may not be relevant. I just switched to Falken AT3's 12.5X 35 X 17. My experience so far is uneven road surfaces are magnified, any type of grove pulls the truck more than on stock tires. Stopping, well the brakes seem under powered with the larger tires. I really noticed it when pulling a trailer. Before you ask yes the trailer also has brakes and only weighs #3500. The good is no rubbing, but I have Thuren 1 1/2 inch over front springs and Fox shocks. A much better look the stock tire as small for the big size of the truck and a 55,000 mile warranty. My 2 cents is 35's are good I would worry about stopping power and acceleration with 37's.

You are correct about 35`s vs 37`s, you wont "feel" the 35`s too much, the 37`s are much more noticeable due to increased dia/weight. After awhile the 37`s feel normal to me, however, I will probably buy a set of 35`s for towing....
Also, try dropping your air pressures (start around 50psi and do the chalk test) when not towing, it should improve your ride.

motorbreath

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Does everyone with 37s carry a spare??? That's my only hang up on getting them.
I have a full-size, same wheel spare that I rotate in, but I only actually carry it in the bed if I'm either going on a long trip or going wheeling.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I want a longer wearing tire my comforter cf 3000 35 wore out in about 40k kms

nail_bender1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are correct about 35`s vs 37`s, you wont "feel" the 35`s too much, the 37`s are much more noticeable due to increased dia/weight. After awhile the 37`s feel normal to me, however, I will probably buy a set of 35`s for towing....
Also, try dropping your air pressures (start around 50psi and do the chalk test) when not towing, it should improve your ride.
I will try the 50PSI and see if that helps.

Brandon H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a spare, granted its mounted on my bed rack but i wouldn't leave the blacktop or go on a long road trip without one. I found a sale tire at walmart and used my oem steel spare wheel. Im only in on my spare about $150. I also have a plug kit and compressor for pesky nails/screwsView attachment 453142

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
What brand rack is that over your cab? I cant read it when I zoom in. Thanks.

Mallcrwlr3000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_20210727_201459.jpg
I'm on the 40 train. I didn't want a 9 foot tall truck so mine is on factory suspension. The 8 speed has no issue getting this girl moving just fine. Only problem is, to get here you have to cut the truck up. I will add thuren front springs and fox shocks up front. I kind of like the rear as it rides. The thuren rear springs are softer than factory. I haven't wheeled her yet, so I will determine that after I see any limitations.

Mallcrwlr3000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I was on a 6 speed I wouldn't go bigger than 37s unless you regeared. The only problem is the spare. 37s and 40s aren't any different in that category. My opinion is 35s are perfect for the 6 speed. 37s really do fill the wheel well better though.