Tapping into Cargo lamp for bed lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Can someone tell me what lights they are using for this? Where did you get them and who makes them? Thanks all!

I used a set of led "underglow" lights from autozone. Not sure on how much or who makes them as they were given to me. I tapped into a cargo lamp wire in the 3rd tail and ran a wire from the inside, behind the b pillar plastic and through the floor under the cab then into the bed.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363751128304.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363751128304.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 45

Larry WG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since mega mike brought it up, would there be a way to have a switch but leave it on and have the light turn on whenever the tailgate is down, but if you want it off with the tailgate down, turn the switch off.?

I don't see why not. Power from battery to inside switch, run wire from inside switch to a switch similar to a older model door switch installed for tailgate and from there to lights. As long as inside switch is on the switch on the tailgate controls lights. Turn inside switch off and there's no power to the tailgate switch. Presto