Tapping into your air ride suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warriormsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
I added an air horn to my rig and want to tap into the air storage tank or the air distripution bock integrated with the compressor. There are two open ports on the distribution block but I don't know if they will delvier air if you simply put a fitting into the threaded female port. The storage tank also has what looks like a quick connect but none of the regular female quick connect fittings fit. You can remove the male quick connect from the tank and replace it with a fitting that will allow you to run an airline to the horn. I can't find any mention of the the air tank anywhere in the owners manual. I can't even find the part decription. Anybody have thoughts on my situation? Thanks.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got some thoughts, don't tap into the onboard storage tank, it has a hard enough time maintaining 4 corner air bags, plus the system is closed and nitrogen filled, and has a more difficult time with colder weather and a problem with moisture in the system.

Curt Gobbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
+1 to what dodge 1500 4x4 said.

The factory air suspension system doesn't have the volume you need.

Add a separate compressor and tank for your air horn

matemike

Reaction score
It would be funny if you blew the horn and all the bags deflated, squatting you down. I don’t know the system obviously, but I’d refrain from messing with it the way you want.
I’m sure the air horns are supposed to work of their own supply, or a waste supply like exhaust???

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The correct answer is, add a 12v compressor and air tank to operate your train horns, do not tamper with the suspension on your truck.