Tazer Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I picked up the Tazer for my truck a few weeks ago. So far I've played with the light shows (a lot), I have the auto-fold mirror feature turned on and I changed my splash screen. I haven't used Line Lock... I don't have $$ for new tires - but the feature would be cool to use, if I could. I do like that I can turn off ABS and Traction Control all at once by just holding my traction button for about 7 seconds.

Anyone else find any favorite features?

Reactions: JB1

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
What year is your teuck?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Did they list on their site yet everything that it will do for the ram?

I have the tazer for my charger and it’s great for that platform(6.4L engine)

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Did they list on their site yet everything that it will do for the ram?

I have the tazer for my charger and it’s great for that platform(6.4L engine)

Yes.
https://zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/tazer_RAM_user_guide_12.0.0.pdf

I plan on getting one. I hope to be able to get some daytime running lights turned on, disable Fog Light Dropout, add a front camera, activate Windows from keyfob, and enable in-motion navigation address entry. Also I like having the ability to fully disable ESP/Traction Control, and Winch Mode.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
the enable in-motion navigation address hasn't worked on my charger

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What year is your teuck?

Yes.
https://zautomotive.com/zpu/instructions/tazer_RAM_user_guide_12.0.0.pdf

I plan on getting one. I hope to be able to get some daytime running lights turned on, disable Fog Light Dropout, add a front camera, activate Windows from keyfob, and enable in-motion navigation address entry. Also I like having the ability to fully disable ESP/Traction Control, and Winch Mode.

DRL - I had that activated by my dealer before I knew about Tazer, but I did move my DRL's down to my fogs instead of my headlights with the Tazer.
Disable dropout - I forgot I activated that as well.
Windows - I have a crew cab and it only drops the front 2. Have yet to see if I'll use that feature, but it's there.
In Motion Navi - I did activate that as well.

Full Feature list:

Code:
Tazer RAM features can be broken into two categories;

[*]Vehicle Settings – which are changes made to the vehicle which to accommodate for changes made to the vehicle or to enable or “unlock” features that technically exist but are disabled by the factory, normally reserved for a higher trim level or package for that vehicle type. These changes will continue to operate after the Tazer RAM is unplugged.
[*]Live Functions – which are functions the Tazer RAM performs live, only while plugged into the OBD2 port.

Vehicle Settings:

[*]Calibrate speedometer for non-factory tire sizes
[*]Configure vehicle for gear ratio changes
[*]Can disable Tire Pressure Monitoring System warnings, or modify PSI settings*
[*]Can enable/disable Daytime Running Lights and user can select lights to use (application dependent)
[*]Can enable the addition of factory fog lights
[*]Can disable Fog Light Dropout (allowing hi and low beams and fog lights on simultaneously)
[*]Can enable the addition of factory backup camera and aftermarket front camera*
[*]Can disable SiriusXM TravelLink traffic and weather warnings
[*]Can enable aux video/audio for front camera and/or external video source (2018’s can only enable one cargo cam input)
[*]One-touch return-to-stock – Quick “unmarry” function returns all vehicle settings back to stock. No need to remember or write down original settings when returning to stock before dealer service.

Live Functions:

[*]AutoFold – Can automatically extend and retract power folding mirrors when vehicle is turned on and off
[*]Windows from keyfob – can open and close front door power windows from the keyfob
[*]Line Lock – Uses ABS solenoids to lock the front wheels for burnouts at the track or just for fun
[*]Can enable in-motion navigation address entry
[*]Light Show mode – 6 preset and 3 make-your-own Light shows that flashes all the exterior lights, perfect for car shows. Control from Key Fob or steering wheel buttons. Can be enabled for in-motion use for parades, off-road and legal police/EMS.
[*]Cooldown mode: Turn engine fans on demand when the ignition is on, engine not running – good for the staging lanes at the track or after a run in the trails.
[*]Winch Mode: temporarily raise engine idle to 2000 RPM when winching or jump starting another vehicle.
[*]Clear CELs – reset that pesky check engine light. Good when you have mods that set the light and you know exactly why.
[*]Fully disable ESP/Traction Control by pressing and holding ESP button
[*]0 to 30 and 0 to 60 Timers – Displays 0-30 or 0-60 times on EVIC display
[*]Firmware updates – new firmware is available periodically, always free and posted to the Z Automotive website. Use ZPU programming utility, also on the website, to load the firmware.

*tire psi setting requires dealer trip, so the vehicle can recognize the change.  Disabling TPMS system altogether and turning off the warning symbol does NOT require the dealer.

INSTALLATION IS A SIMPLE MATTER OF PLUGGING IT INTO THE DIAGNOSTIC OBD2 PORT WHICH IS LOCATED BY THE PARKING BRAKE.

Model year 2018 Ram: Due to the addition of a new security module, a Bypass Module will need to be installed behind the radio, and is included with purchase.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is great news Nick! What is involved in the installation of the bypass module for 2018+ Ram's?

The Tazer just plugs into the OBII plug and the Bypass module plugs in behind the radio in the dash. So you remove the 2 screws under the sunglass holder pad above the radio and 1 screw in the business card holder then pop the dash trim off starting at the top. It is not all that hard to do, I have had mine off to add switches.

Soto3389

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So when you use the Tazer to deactivate the TPMS completely, does it just disable the warning or the system completely so it doesn't display the PSI at all? Thank you.

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
OBTW, picked up my new 2019 PW a couple days ago. Had the dealership install dual battery system and onboard air compressor. Also installed White Knuckle rock sliders.

D3D0D949-8E88-4819-8AB3-B4A25F21D57B.jpeg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just checked out your site. Do y’all have a military discount and/or are you going to be doing any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals? Thanks.

yes, use promo code TAZER5 for 5% off and free shipping.

Thank you for your service

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any way to get an equivalent light show on an 09 Ram? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L
The Tazer just plugs into the OBII plug and the Bypass module plugs in behind the radio in the dash. So you remove the 2 screws under the sunglass holder pad above the radio and 1 screw in the business card holder then pop the dash trim off starting at the top. It is not all that hard to do, I have had mine off to add switches.

Nick I already ordered a koadtech bypass will that suffice for my 2019 2500 Bighorn? Can we order without the bypass? Or will their bypass work like the koadtech behind the dash by the oBD port?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick I already ordered a koadtech bypass will that suffice for my 2019 2500 Bighorn? Can we order without the bypass? Or will their bypass work like the koadtech behind the dash by the oBD port?

I am sorry I am not familiar with the Koadtech

BGWS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L
I am sorry I am not familiar with the Koadtech
Will any bypass that works with alfaobd work with Tazer Ram? Can you order Tazer Ram without a bypass?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I picked up the Tazer for my truck a few weeks ago. So far I've played with the light shows (a lot), I have the auto-fold mirror feature turned on and I changed my splash screen. I haven't used Line Lock... I don't have $$ for new tires - but the feature would be cool to use, if I could. I do like that I can turn off ABS and Traction Control all at once by just holding my traction button for about 7 seconds.

Anyone else find any favorite features?
When you say changed splash screen, how so?

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you say changed splash screen, how so?

It's not much really, but when you start your truck you can pick the opening splash screen on your dash to say Rebel or Big Horn or (insert Ram line here).