Tazer Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Reuben

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a few questions:

Have you tried the "Fully disable ESP/Traction Control" function? Can you disable everything but ABS?

If you disable Tire Pressure Monitoring System warnings, can you still see you tire pressures on the EVIC dash display?

Is this the cable needed to add a front camera?
https://zautomotive.com/product/video-cable/

Thanks.

You can kill the TC but you have to keep it plugged into the OBD port.

You still have to bring it to the dealer for the psi to be “set” otherwise you will still get the dings. Or you can shut the tpms off completely which will shut off the dings.

I’m not sure when they will get to the locker functions. Have yet to hear back from them. If you just want the basics, the procal is the better value as far as aftermarket programmers.

I bought a camera but haven’t got around to gathering the other parts. I did activate the cargo camera so when I’m ready it wil be done.

astrayer1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My biggest question is will the Tazer work with the AEV security bypass? i bought the AEV bypass kit for cheap, and would prefer not to have to rip my radio out

leroys73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I realize I am late to the game. One thing I noted for the RAM 2018 on the Tazer is that the security bypass must be removed when taken into the dealer or their tools will not work. I hate to have to take out the radio each time my truck went to the dealer. I have the Maxcare lifetime service agreement. Is there a way around this?

Don't tell me to never take it to the dealer.

Yazen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes. Remove radio then there are 3 screws holding the little security box. Unplug box and keep it somewhere and plug the bypass in. Install everything back and you’re finished.

Do you happen to have a photo? I removed the radio and the security device, but the two plugs do not plug anywhere in the bypass, I am not sure what am i missing here. Can you please assist me with this? see pictures of the bypass module, where should I plug those 5 plugs?

Thank you

20200728_151912.jpg

20200728_151933.jpg

View attachment 216967

Last edited: