Tazer Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No offense to tazer but unless you need the "live" features, you are probably better off with alfaobd and a compatible Bluetooth/obd adapter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Howard Smith

Howard Smith

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4 (392)
No offense to tazer but unless you need the "live" features, you are probably better off with alfaobd and a compatible Bluetooth/obd adapter.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks, I went with the tazer since I am familiar with it from other vehicles. It accomplished what I needed and more.

now to buy more overland and rescue gear, that **** ain’t cheap lol.

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
I would certainly give AlphaOBD a close look, before getting a Tazer. One time $50 app, and $12-$100 for a Bluetooth adapter. Works on many FCA vehicles, does not "marry" to anything. Use it on multiple vehicles.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
yeah I keep it plugged in...otherwise the stupid tire pressure light will not go away. Since I am keeping it attached, I pulled the OBDII port from the mount and zip tied it up behind the dash, otherwise my legs could hit the programmer. As for programmers I was going to sell my AEV Procal and then I noticed you are not able to unpair it from the vehicle...so I guess I am stuck with it even though it did not do what I wanted it for.
You need to take the truck to the dealer to have the light turned off after you set the threshold with the ProCal. AEV’s instructions clearly state this in several places.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm running the AEV Procal. One can reset and unmarry it themselves and use it on another vehicle. I leave the (TPMS) light on like Motel 6 does due to I love visiting a Motel 6 as much having my FCA dealership service my PW. NOT.

Unless I misread the "NOT" within the August 7th posting of the Tazer instructions, it will NOT unpair the Tazer module from the vehicle when one resets it.

I have a tazer, and have unpaired it a few times already.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good to know. Curious about if they had the same statement of NOT unpairing in your Tazer instructions. It sounds like it's a new restriction.
Im pretty sure it did not come with any instructions. I ended up printing them off the internet so I could leave them in my truck... theres so any buttons to press to do any feature that there is no way in hell I can remember them. I have to dig them out any tie I use it.