TBI to carb swap questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

datsun82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So on my '90 D250 I cant find a computer for it. of course the part number that was on the sticker fell off and apparently there are a few different kinds. Going to a carb setup, other than a carb and intake, what other things am i looking at getting? Mechanical fuel pump? What about the fuel tank setup? Would the module have to be replaced with something else?

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a computer off a 92 318 d150 I won't be using. I didn't know there were different part numbers but if you think it will work for you, you can have it.

as for your original question, here's what I 've figured out so far.

you might consider an adjustable pressure regulator. several of them can be dialed in between 0-100 psi. usually run about 40-50 bucks. might be alot less work and cost rather than changing out the electric fuel pump for non-pump sending unit and adding a mechanical pump. as well, I think the mechanical pump is driven off the cam and I don't know if the cam you have is set up to drive a mechanical pump. I haven't personally experienced one of the pressure regulators but I'm about to put a carb 318 into my 2001 ram 1500 I use in my field. so have been looking at the conversion as well.

other than that, you'll have to just play with the throttle linkage.

OP
OP
D

datsun82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Reek, I think I may have narrowed down my computers part number. Im just trying to figure out which route I want to take.