TCM...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Choppersicballs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I recently bought a used 2004 1500 (had srt8 badges which I removed) and has been running fine.
I randomly got a check engine light a week back brought up a p0700 , however fluid is good truck shifts fine and no limp mode.

The little research I did said to get a new tcm or have it flashed.... however cant find anything online about it

Truck has 148xxx , also has a battery drain. (My guess is aftermarket stereo installed incorrectly)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
P700 in the PCM is a generic DTC that sets to alert you that a transmission DTC has been set. Since the truck is a 2004 model it has an NGC controller which means the PCM and TCM are combined I to one unit.

You will need to get a scan tool hooked up to see if there really is a trans DTC set.

P0700 also does not mean that the PCM requires replacement. Please don't waste your money.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah, should be at least one more code in there along with it. Since you say the trans works just fine with no problems, you should be able to count out P0734 & P0735 (be happy lol).

OP
OP
C

Choppersicballs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, should be at least one more code in there along with it. Since you say the trans works just fine with no problems, you should be able to count out P0734 & P0735 (be happy lol).
The only other code was an evap code for my gas cap or what have you.

The 0700 comes and goes randomly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk