Telescoping steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fieldoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have any idea if this can be added to the 18's?

Jim Zilisch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I just bought a new 2019 2500 Limited and I was shocked to realize it didn't have one. I've mostly owned Fords before also had a Chevy way back when. This is first Ram. I struggle getting comfortable in seat since I'm tall and have to put seat way back for leg room but then have to subtly lean forward to get right position on steering wheel. I may end up having to sell truck given inability to get comfortable. Really crazy they don't have it on an $80K + truck.

Slevin

Reaction score
Wait I thought the 19s had a tilt/telescoping wheel?

I was upset to find out my 18 doesn't telescope. I guess I overlooked that on the test drive. I just assumed it did.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I just bought a new 2019 2500 Limited and I was shocked to realize it didn't have one. I've mostly owned Fords before also had a Chevy way back when. This is first Ram. I struggle getting comfortable in seat since I'm tall and have to put seat way back for leg room but then have to subtly lean forward to get right position on steering wheel. I may end up having to sell truck given inability to get comfortable. Really crazy they don't have it on an $80K + truck.

My 19 Laramie Level 2 1500 has both a telescoping/tilt wheel and adjustable petals. Mine was $61K so do you have it and possibly missed the lever on the left side of the column close to the dash sticking straight out at you. I know your's is a 2500 but thought I'd mention it.

Jim Zilisch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
No it doesn't. I've used the lever to tilt up and down but wheel does not move in and out.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
My 19 Laramie Level 2 1500 has both a telescoping/tilt wheel and adjustable petals. Mine was $61K so do you have it and possibly missed the lever on the left side of the column close to the dash sticking straight out at you. I know your's is a 2500 but thought I'd mention it.

You have the new body style half ton, telescoping steering wheel is an option. It may not be available on 3/4 or full ton trucks, like it isn't with 4th gens, I have not checked.

No offense guys, but I would not have bought a truck I could not get comfortable in. I am unsure how you guys didn't discover this until after purchase, unless you are referring to long drives being uncomfortable, rather than short ones.

To address the original question, I would love to be able to add it. But I have a bad feeling its not easy or cheap, would probably have to use a 2019+ 1500 steering wheel, which probably means a lot of custom wiring, custom this, custom that.

17RedSled

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Reviving this thread from the dead.... but, has anyone tried retrofitting the new 5th Gen Column's into the 4th Gen? They come from factory with Tilt and Telescoping

Rob beau

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a 2021 3500 and have same issue. Blown away there is no telescoping wheel...
Anyone have a solution? Spacer or something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio