Tell me what you don't like about the Ram....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I keep my fob in the watch pocket of my jeans. Only have one key on it, the house. Everything else is on a separate ring in the truck. I have a small S ring locking caribener on the ring that I use when I'm on my boat.

CraigS41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, the Deisel option gets better mileage, UNTIL, it goes through a regeneration process. I had a 2008 F-250. I got 24MPG, as soon as it started to regenerate, went to 13, and stayed there till finished

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No dead pedal.
Reverse mirrors aim too far down: I wish you could program them.
Do newer trucks have the mirrors move automatically when in reverse? I absolutely hate that option. I would unplug all wires before living with that ridiculous feature.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes, the Deisel option gets better mileage, UNTIL, it goes through a regeneration process. I had a 2008 F-250. I got 24MPG, as soon as it started to regenerate, went to 13, and stayed there till finished
Not apples to apples here. I assume my 22 Ram Cummins has done multiple regens. I never notice them, they never flash any messages on the EVIC and my mpg's remain steady. Same deal on my 18 Ram Cummins.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do newer trucks have the mirrors move automatically when in reverse? I absolutely hate that option. I would unplug all wires before living with that ridiculous feature.
My 22 has that option, I turned it off. Very easy to do in the uConnect system.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
my wifes Tesla has that as well.i hate it and have it turned off in my user settings.and lane assist.every time i swerved to avoid a pothole it yanked me back.so all nanny settings are disabled.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What I dont like is that it did not come with led or hid headlights. I dont like how the tailgate locks should be a key and not just lock the handle.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
How and why would they move? I have my mirrors set so I can use them to see behind me both going forward and in reverse. If they moved that would essentially make me blind backing up.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
How and why would they move? I have my mirrors set so I can use them to see behind me both going forward and in reverse. If they moved that would essentially make me blind backing up.
When the Subaru is put in reverse, the mirrors adjust down. I don't know why, they just do. I was assuming that is now a feature on Rams, from the discussion but could be mistaken and why I asked.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If done right, it is a handy function. When backing into our lower driveway, it's more than a 90 degree turn and is not flat. So being able to watch the passenger side trailer tires is important. I've just grown accustom to lowering the mirror view with the buttons as I approach. The uConnect function lowers them both and quite a bit. It is useless to me so, as I mentioned, I just turned it off.

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I don't think mine do, but frankly, I've never looked at them since I have a back-up camera that I use all the time...

JF19Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ETorque
I had to disable mine as well. Liked the feature, but they never went back to the original position after. They'd be slightly off..

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same... I disabled that about two days after getting the truck - just popped a panel off the tailgate and unplugged the wire to the lock.
Works for older trucks. But PPL with newer trucks do not have that option to just unplug, as there are no keys for the tailgate on the newer trucks, specifically 5th Gens, no key anymore, all electronic ref lock. But I remember reading somewhere there was a company that has an aftermarket repair with a key option, just not remember where. Though I think that repair was more camera orientated.