Temp, oil pressure gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_xc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all,

I’m new to the Ram family and bought a 2022 Warlock billet silver with a hemi last week. Man, I love the looks and feel of the truck. This is a step up for me, as my previous truck was a 2009 Ford F-150 XLT that I bought brand new. A quick question, and sorry if this has been discussed before. It’s around the gauges and movement of the needles. My Warlock is brand new with 350 kms on the engines.

I’ve noticed that the oil pressure gauge moves a little while driving, meaning it will be right Center in the middle, but when slowing down or stopping will move slightly lower. I know with the F150 the gauges never moved at all, so wanted to know if this is normal with the Dodge and hemi.

The truck runs well and I love it! But wanted to know if this is normal. Same with the temp gauge, seems the needle moves a little.

Thanks all.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
On my EVIC the oil pressure goes up and down depending on the load placed on the engine. It’s normal.

Last edited:

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Oil pressure gauges are supposed to move, the gauge on your old Ford was just a dummy gauge. I think I just have the digital pressure readout on mine, but the numbers change from idle to moving, and should vary some with load as well.

CAGEYAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ford uses fake gauges...................................................:)

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Yep, as said, the Ford "gauges" are just idioit lights wired as gauges. They only move at startup or if u have a major problem. I love the gauge summary screen on my tradesmans dic. I usually have that up full time when I'm driving

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
Ford uses or at least used to use rheostats connected to analog gauges with an IVR Instrument Voltage Regulator or CVR Constant Voltage Regulator to maintane correct voltages. They're supposed to move on startup... duh!

stvgl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all,

I’m new to the Ram family and bought a 2022 Warlock billet silver with a hemi last week. Man, I love the looks and feel of the truck. This is a step up for me, as my previous truck was a 2009 Ford F-150 XLT that I bought brand new. A quick question, and sorry if this has been discussed before. It’s around the gauges and movement of the needles. My Warlock is brand new with 350 kms on the engines.

I’ve noticed that the oil pressure gauge moves a little while driving, meaning it will be right Center in the middle, but when slowing down or stopping will move slightly lower. I know with the F150 the gauges never moved at all, so wanted to know if this is normal with the Dodge and hemi.

The truck runs well and I love it! But wanted to know if this is normal. Same with the temp gauge, seems the needle moves a little.

Thanks all.
Can you scroll to this screen?20221102_112314.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334