"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I am the one with the similar problem. My auto lights were also always on prior to the update. Now the auto lights feature never turns on and the heated seats and steering wheel do not work.
I did find some more settings to try in the latest firmware. There is a new setting in the advanced menu for "Dodge Ram" (other/2019/2020).

In addition, I don't have heated seats but I was able to simulate getting only some of the HVAC features to work by changing the Air Supplier setting in the MCU settings. Mine is set to "CYT w Bagoo" but I can get partial functionality with other settings.

Finally, there are multiple entries in the vehicle selection for Dodge RAM LO/med/HI (including duplicates). Try them all...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

chille37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've tried them all except the "other/2019/2020" setting. Mine is currently set to "other". I'll try the others when I get a chance.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've tried them all except the "other/2019/2020" setting. Mine is currently set to "other". I'll try the others when I get a chance.
I don't think you'll need to try all of the year settings.

Quick question, did you copy over your customer.xml and then overwrite the new one after flashing this firmware?

chille37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think you'll need to try all of the year settings.

Quick question, did you copy over your customer.xml and then overwrite the new one after flashing this firmware?

Yes, I did.

chille37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To be more clear, did you do so before trying the heated seats?

I did not test the heated seats after flashing the firmware and before updating the CANBUS. The seats worked, I copied the customer.xml file, I flashed the firmware, I updated the CANBUS, then I realized the seats were not working so I replaced the new customer.xml with my saved customer.xml.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I did not test the heated seats after flashing the firmware and before updating the CANBUS. The seats worked, I copied the customer.xml file, I flashed the firmware, I updated the CANBUS, then I realized the seats were not working so I replaced the new customer.xml with my saved customer.xml.
Got it... thanks, the details are helpful in understanding what's occurring. Let me know when you have tried the additional settings.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It seems to be only set up for mid tier ram.
The whole bottom row of switches and corresponding icons don't work.....

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Is your vehicle type set to Dodge Ram Hi? What about Air Supplier

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Tried hi, which has always worked and hi hi, which is new.

Tried all the air suppliers.....

Might try alfa obd...

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Tried hi, which has always worked and hi hi, which is new.

Tried all the air suppliers.....

Might try alfa obd...

I would try a different firmware file first. I have an unchanged Phoenix Android file and a slightly older rooted firmware from what you are currently using if you would like to try them.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would try a different firmware file first. I have an unchanged Phoenix Android file and a slightly older rooted firmware from what you are currently using if you would like to try them.

Can you please pm a link..... [emoji106]

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Interesting video. It shows CarPlay (lite) functionality on the Tesla Style Radio using an app called AutoKit available in the play store. Still trying to figure out what they are doing for Android Auto (they don't explain everything very well.

chille37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Phoenix just posted an update to the fast boot systems with new themes on their Facebook page

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Phoenix just posted an update to the fast boot systems with new themes on their Facebook page
Looks like THE change log, everything they've changed since release.

In their CANBUS instruction video, they link to TWO DIFFERENT CANBUS updates for the RAM (one for 7.1 and one for 4.4). I suppose it's possible the one they posted on Facebook was the wrong one for 4.4 for those having heated seat issues. Could be worth a reflash just to see...

Hterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No problem. In your case you want to back up your original customer.xml file but you probably won't use it. If it's what I suspect it is, your radio doesn't have the proper customer file with you vehicle model configurations.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/10gonhrqy...T2ll8wZ3AsfgezjKj6NlbBxKezvLiCRPukWcqZJpCgnTI

Here is their link to the latest 7.1 firmware. You'll need to rename their "px3.img" file to "update.img" in order for the radio to recognize it.

This file is for 7.1, 10.4", fast boot Tesla Style Radios only...flash at your own risk!

Loaded the file as update.img to a fat32 formatted thumb drive ,plugged it in but nothing happens, thumb drive does show up in file explorer I can see the .img system does see it but won't update, in setting os ver is 7.1.1 could it be because am trying to upgrade to the same ver #?
Manual update says system is up to date, do you know if is possible to reinstall same version on this units
I did try to two different USB drives with same result

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi

Hey guys I have z 16 Laramie and I played with the settings for like 3 hours but I now have it to where my seats ,heat/ac and deftost,and mirrors all work with the exception of the climate reading correct temp in celcius

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys I have z 16 Laramie and I played with the settings for like 3 hours but I now have it to where my seats ,heat/ac and deftost,and mirrors all work with the exception of the climate reading correct temp in celcius

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Did you flash the CANBUS update causing you to have to play with the settings? If so, was their a magic bullet?

Funny enough, I have to set my unit to metric in the console menu to get it to display in US measurements. In all other places (which I think is just one place) I set it correctly.

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
I seen on a previous post this evening that one of the guys can not get his seats and climate to work if it will help I can post pics of my settings tomorrow afternoon if it will help