"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ahh yes that is a possibility. Gives me something to mess around with next week!

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
If I had to guess, its a coding bug in the radio software. If there is upgraded firmware for the PX6 you could try flashing it too.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I have a video chat scheduled with Pheonix later tonight. I'll see if they can tell me if they have an update or not. I would assume that it has the most recent though. But you never know lol

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a video chat scheduled with Pheonix later tonight. I'll see if they can tell me if they have an update or not. I would assume that it has the most recent though. But you never know lol

Don't assume that. Most of these are drop shipped from China and Phoenix never even sees/touches the radio.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Don't assume that. Most of these are drop shipped from China and Phoenix never even sees/touches the radio.

Very true. I'll definitely be asking either way.

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do these units have the ability to display your TPMS on the screen using the current sensors in the wheels or do you have to replace them

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Do these units have the ability to display your TPMS on the screen using the current sensors in the wheels or do you have to replace them
The wheel TPMS is not shown on screen for RAM Trucks but the radio is capable of doing so for other models.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I remember reading somewhere here about a matt screen cover.....it was bought on Amazon if I'm not mistaken. Could I possibly get a link for it again!?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Ok I'm going to be replacing the battery on my truck. I've changed it out before with other radios but nothing like the Tesla. Is there anything I should be worried about? Would I loose settings? I assume the radio stations ect but am I going to loose anything else or am I just over thinking this? I won't loose the launchers or anything like that right?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok I'm going to be replacing the battery on my truck. I've changed it out before with other radios but nothing like the Tesla. Is there anything I should be worried about? Would I loose settings? I assume the radio stations ect but am I going to loose anything else or am I just over thinking this? I won't loose the launchers or anything like that right?

Nope, just the radio stations reset.

jimmieJNS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a phoenix px6 in a 1500 ram. My front and rear speakers r crossed, front is rear and rear is front. Does anyone have the diagram to the harness to switch the speakers around. Or is this a setting. I do not have the alpine system

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a phoenix px6 in a 1500 ram. My front and rear speakers r crossed, front is rear and rear is front. Does anyone have the diagram to the harness to switch the speakers around. Or is this a setting. I do not have the alpine system
The harness in this post starts with front only wired (Alpine System) It should point you in the right direction if you want to fix it on the harness.

There may be a software setting for this on newer units (PX6) that I am unaware of though.

https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/2297396

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I just started playing around with mine and mine seem to be the same way as well. I noticed on some things like Facebook videos the sound only cam from the rear. That's what made me start messing around with it. I have the base stereo system I'm my Ram. I have a feeling the wires are backwards as well. I might have the wiring diagram from when I installed my Kenwood. The colors on their harness matched up with the colors on the truck side if I remember correctly. I got everything from Crutchfield so worst case scenario you could try their website for them.

MoreCowbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 VVT
This is for MDiFilippo:

I just stumbled onto this thread from Feb. 2018. In my 2017 Ram SLT, I have the installed a "10.4" Tesla-style Head/Center stack unit" (the jargon varies)with 1024X768 screen resolution. It looks for all the world like the PhoenixAndroidRadios unit you have pictured at the beginning of this thread. Unfortunately, it's made in China (mfg./model number unknown ) and the scant "documentation" (Chinese=> English) is almost inscrutable.

The basic touch-screen controls I've figured out empirically but wish I had more/better information.

For example:
• I wish I knew of a procedure to get a display of the unit itself (e.g., mfg/model number/Android level, etc), such as one can get with a PC.
• I'd really like to figure out hoe to get the GPS Navi function working.
• I'd like to know how to interface with a mini CD player. (USB plugin?)
• I'd like to know how to download music albums accessible via the Music mode.

Having explored these type of Center stack units via eBay, I see many different units that all appear to have the same display. There are hundreds of these Tesla-style out there.

I wonder if you could please send me a copy of the User's Manual for your unit. While not exactly like mine, I might be close enough to provide far better guidance than what I have !!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is for MDiFilippo:

I just stumbled onto this thread from Feb. 2018. In my 2017 Ram SLT, I have the installed a "10.4" Tesla-style Head/Center stack unit" (the jargon varies)with 1024X768 screen resolution. It looks for all the world like the PhoenixAndroidRadios unit you have pictured at the beginning of this thread. Unfortunately, it's made in China (mfg./model number unknown ) and the scant "documentation" (Chinese=> English) is almost inscrutable.

The basic touch-screen controls I've figured out empirically but wish I had more/better information.

For example:
• I wish I knew of a procedure to get a display of the unit itself (e.g., mfg/model number/Android level, etc), such as one can get with a PC.

Having explored these type of Center stack units via eBay, I see many different units that all appear to have the same display. There are hundreds of these Tesla-style out there.

I wonder if you could please send me a copy of the User's Manual for your unit. While not exactly like mine, I might be close enough to provide far better guidance than what I have !!

A: there's an app called CPU-Z you can install to get this info.

AQ: Do you have a GPS antenna plugged in?

A: I don't believe an external CD player would be supported.

A: If you copy the music files (i.e. MP3 files) to the music folder they will appear in the default music player app.

MoreCowbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 VVT
Thanks for your reply SNB. To your questions:

• Unfortunately I don't have any idea how to install something like CPU-Z.

• Yes, I believe a GPS antenna is plugged in.

• There is a AUX mode on the touch screen and I see in the console a 3.5mm input port (just discovered it) !! This is huge !! If I can find a 12VDC player with this kind of output, I'm in !!

• As with my first bullet, I woudln't have any idea how to copy files into the Music folder. I know it can be done because there are a couple albums stored by the previous owner.

MoreCowbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 VVT
So here's a question:

In the console, there are side by side a USB port and an AUX port. Is that USB port a "Media USB port" (seeable by the Head unit) ? Or it just a generic charging port ??