"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonathan Millet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a 2018 with a few issues....
1, Back up Camera doesn't come on when I put into Reverse, only when manually select it.
2, RPM and speed don't work.
3, Remote start not functioning.
4, Is TPM supposed to work?

Any ideas or suggestions?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2018 with a few issues....
1, Back up Camera doesn't come on when I put into Reverse, only when manually select it.
2, RPM and speed don't work.
3, Remote start not functioning.
4, Is TPM supposed to work?

Any ideas or suggestions?
It sounds like maybe the CANBUS messages aren't being passed or read properly. Where did you buy it from and what version is it?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Jonathan Millet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I bought from Phoenix Android about June 2018. It's the single button below. Said 7.1 Android when I bought it.
It hasn't worked since installed. There support stinks, all Xiao said was, "I don't know."
Is there a way to flash canbus, or get new one?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I bought from Phoenix Android about June 2018. It's the single button below. Said 7.1 Android when I bought it.
It hasn't worked since installed. There support stinks, all Xiao said was, "I don't know."
Is there a way to flash canbus, or get new one?
Yes, can you post a picture of the system info screen? It will look similar to this...

700269af0ff5c21d962915589c71dd7d.jpg

Jonathan Millet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Are you sure you bought that from Phoenix? It looks like a fake fastboot...

I definitely bought it from Phoenix. At the time their website was advertising 7.1, but i've also read this model only comes 4.4. Other stuff in settings also state 7.1. There's not much on the box except for Mode, and shipped from ShenZhen, China.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Well... I have read 47 pages and I I have decided on the 10.4" radio over the more expensive 8.4 RA3 and 8.4 QAC upgrade.

Anyone know of a good coupon to use on rhino or Phoenix? Also willing to buy a used 7.1 fast boot if the price is right. I love tinkering with phones, tablets, etc. and have a computer science degree and do work in the field. SitKneelBend, you seem like an awesome help to have around. Would love to see what we can get out of this radio. Thanks!

Concerning Jonathan, I am hoping Phoenix isn't still selling "fake" 7.1's... They have two items listed at 7.1 with about $200+ dollars between them... Was hoping on ordering the cheaper one with one button.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well... I have read 47 pages and I I have decided on the 10.4" radio over the more expensive 8.4 RA3 and 8.4 QAC upgrade.

Anyone know of a good coupon to use on rhino or Phoenix? Also willing to buy a used 7.1 fast boot if the price is right. I love tinkering with phones, tablets, etc. and have a computer science degree and do work in the field. SitKneelBend, you seem like an awesome help to have around. Would love to see what we can get out of this radio. Thanks!

Concerning Jonathan, I am hoping Phoenix isn't still selling "fake" 7.1's... They have two items listed at 7.1 with about $200+ dollars between them... Was hoping on ordering the cheaper one with one button.
"COMEBACK5" for $5 off Phoenix Android. Their Facebook page has discounts posted sometimes too.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I definitely bought it from Phoenix. At the time their website was advertising 7.1, but i've also read this model only comes 4.4. Other stuff in settings also state 7.1. There's not much on the box except for Mode, and shipped from ShenZhen, China.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You should send a picture to Phoenix and let them know this is what they sold you. If they won't fix it and you paid with PayPal make a complaint with them.

If you get stuck with it we can try some more dangerous things to get it to work, but what they sold you is fraudulent...it's definitely a 4.4.4 radio.

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
"COMEBACK5" for $5 off Phoenix Android. There Facebook page has discounts posted sometimes too.

Thank you for the code SitKneelBend! Have you attempted the Android auto/Apple car play adapters on this radio yet? That video that was posted around page 25-35 or so looked pretty awesome! Plus... Having that as a "layer" inside of an android box.. That's a powerful tool.... Could customize these boxes to unreal levels!

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thank you for the code SitKneelBend! Have you attempted the Android auto/Apple car play adapters on this radio yet? That video that was posted around page 25-35 or so looked pretty awesome! Plus... Having that as a "layer" inside of an android box.. That's a powerful tool.... Could customize these boxes to unreal levels!
I haven't but I plan to. I also saw a video where one didn't need the dongle to get Android Auto and only required a working easy connect app...

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I haven't but I plan to. I also saw a video where one didn't need the dongle to get Android Auto and only required a working easy connect app...

Well, I am hoping I can give it a good try to help us get accross that finish line! Would be great if we can get this done strictly via software.

Ordering now! This thread is officially in my favorites. Glad I can join the club!

Jonathan Millet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

How do I know mine is fake 7.1, especially if Phoenix is still advertising them? What year is your trick? Xiao, at Phoenix acts as if mine has the only issue. He stated possible because it's an 18.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
How do I know mine is fake 7.1, especially if Phoenix is still advertising them? What year is your trick? Xiao, at Phoenix acts as if mine has the only issue. He stated possible because it's an 18.
1.The MCU says 860B (4.4.4), 7.1.1 is 860C.

2. They don't sell a 2GB RAM /64GB storage 7.1.1 unit (as far as I know it doesn't exist)

3. KTU84Q = KitKat

All of these things I can see from the false system info screen and I know Phoenix Android knows this too. This is what your system info screen would look like if it was legitimate 7.1.1

3b744c9613ef050a37c1c8d9b098aa83.jpg

And this is what it would look like if it was legitimate 4.4.4

22bbb4966e642608a215f063fba66b0c.jpg

Jonathan Millet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
1.The MCU says 860B (4.4.4), 7.1.1 is 860C.

2. They don't sell a 2GB RAM /64GB storage 7.1.1 unit (as far as I know it doesn't exist)

3. KTU84Q = KitKat

All of these things I can see from the false system info screen and I know Phoenix Android knows this too. This is what your system info screen would look like if it was legitimate 7.1.1

So is Phoenix actually selling the 7.1.1 now for the Ram 1500 like their site state? Do you know anyone with a 2018 where the backup cam and Rpm stuff works. I would order a new system if it's quaremteed to work. Yours have any issues?

3b744c9613ef050a37c1c8d9b098aa83.jpg

And this is what it would look like if it was legitimate 4.4.4

22bbb4966e642608a215f063fba66b0c.jpg

Jonathan Millet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Anyone know of a good coupon to use on rhino or Phoenix? Also willing to buy a used 7.1 fast boot if the price is right. I love tinkering with phones, tablets, etc. and have a computer science degree and do work in the field. SitKneelBend, you seem like an awesome help to have around. Would love to see what we can get out of this radio. Thanks.

HAPPYPIG may still work for 10% off. Its listed on their Facebook forum.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes they are and they are legit 7.1.1 Nougat. The thing everyone should remember is all of these T Style radios are sold by vendors who have zero to do with the manufacturer. They are only resellers. It's possible Phoenix Android sold some bad radios when these first hit the market.

No matter what way you slice it, what they sold you is not what was advertised. The down side is it's been a long time since you bought it.

I think it's possible to flash it with the proper updates and make it function correctly for what it is (a kitKat 4.4.4 2G/64GB radio). I've never done it but I don't see why it wouldn't work with the proper updates.

I would definitely go for the exchange/refund route first though.

A third option is to send it back to them and have them do all the work on their dime. The new 7.1.1 core board upgrade should fix this for you...

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
HAPPYPIG may still work for 10% off. Its listed on their Facebook forum.
Thank you Jonathan!

Unfortunately the code doesn't seem to be working any longer... I'll give it a wait. A 10% off code would be awesome to use here. :) worse comes to worse and I get impatient, I will use the comeback 5 code. Thank you both!