"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hi guys,

I ordered the 7.1 fast boot model.

Will see how speedy it is when it comes in... Heads up there is a whole thread devoted to upgrading the MCU (for a px5 or px6) if you need more ram (up to 6GB) or an Octa core CPU. Prices are pretty cheap! Glad our models have an MCU. Pretty sure ~page 30 there is a tutorial on how to do the swap. Link is here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...rade-mtcd-rk3188-5-1-1-to-px5-t3581741/page63

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi guys,

I ordered the 7.1 fast boot model.

Will see how speedy it is when it comes in... Heads up there is a whole thread devoted to upgrading the MCU (for a px5 or px6) if you need more ram (up to 6GB) or an Octa core CPU. Prices are pretty cheap! Glad our models have an MCU. Pretty sure ~page 30 there is a tutorial on how to do the swap. Link is here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...rade-mtcd-rk3188-5-1-1-to-px5-t3581741/page63
Unfortunately, we have PX3 boards. While it may be possible to add RAM, I doubt there will be much hardware upgrading past that...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Unfortunately, we have PX3 boards. While it may be possible to add RAM, I doubt there will be much hardware upgrading past that...

Most of the users of that forums had a px3 board :) they are upgrading from the Px3 to a px5 or px6. Sorry I should have been more clear in my response. The first post has a user upgrading from a RK3188 PX3 to a Px5 board. Px6 may have some compatibility issues with our Roms, but ~ page 30-40 they discuss extracting pieces of the rom and copying them into an android 6.x version to ensure he canbus interfaces still function. (Our 7.1 version reported on purchase are apparently a fake 7.1)

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Most of the users of that forums had a px3 board :) they are upgrading from the Px3 to a px5 or px6. Sorry I should have been more clear in my response. The first post has a user upgrading from a RK3188 PX3 to a Px5 board. Px6 may have some compatibility issues with our Roms, but ~ page 30-40 they discuss extracting pieces of the rom and copying them into an android 6.x version to ensure he canbus interfaces still function. (Our 7.1 version reported on purchase are apparently a fake 7.1)
Interesting, I'll have to look into it when I have time. If the upgrade is possible the hardest part will be compatible firmware for our units...

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Interesting, I'll have to look into it when I have time. If the upgrade is possible the hardest part will be compatible firmware for our units...

Let me know your thoughts! It may be time for me to get back into the ROM cooking game . On Phoenix radios latest Facebook post, if you read the comments section, someone asks and they mention a "possible px6 version of the ram 10.4" coming in the next couple months... If that's released our job just became a whole lot easier. Boards seem cheap on that forum as well! Not sure how long I will have to wait for my radio, but I can't wait to get this running like clockwork. Tinkering is half the reason I bought this (plus the $507 price for a 7.1 including shipping helped). I love this stuff.

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is it at all possible for you to tell me what the car number is for ram hihi and I think that my mcu and firmware do not match because everything on my unit functions perfect except the hvac controls please pleas please any help would be appreciated thanks in advace

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Is it at all possible for you to tell me what the car number is for ram hihi and I think that my mcu and firmware do not match because everything on my unit functions perfect except the hvac controls please pleas please any help would be appreciated thanks in advace
What was your stock a/c? Auto, 7 speed? Heated/cooled seats?
Yes, we need this question answered AND post a picture of your system version screen...it will look like this.af434b64738c4e360f06f3911986dd42.jpg

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Let me know your thoughts! It may be time for me to get back into the ROM cooking game . On Phoenix radios latest Facebook post, if you read the comments section, someone asks and they mention a "possible px6 version of the ram 10.4" coming in the next couple months... If that's released our job just became a whole lot easier. Boards seem cheap on that forum as well! Not sure how long I will have to wait for my radio, but I can't wait to get this running like clockwork. Tinkering is half the reason I bought this (plus the $507 price for a 7.1 including shipping helped). I love this stuff.
That's very interesting! Maybe I should tell Phoenix to keep the 7.1.1 upgrade board that's supposed to be coming "soon".

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes I have seated and cooled seats and a 7 speed heat and ac system I did an update and all of the sudden nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you so much for offering to help man I have been feeling absolutely lost I'm a contractor I know nothing about computers

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes I have seated and cooled seats and a 7 speed heat and ac system I did an update and all of the sudden nothing
Can you point me to the update you did? Where did you buy this radio from?

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got this update off of pheonix website(it is not the one that screwed my system up), and I purchased my unit from a company on Amazon called lucky china

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There's the tricky part, Lucky China. Can you reach out to them through Amazon and see if they can send you the stock firmware? SitKneelBend will do his best to help you for sure, he's a huge help through out this thread and there are many unknowns.

RamHI would be the correct setting for you, what I'm wondering is could you hear the blowers turn on at all when you turned on the vehicle, and did the physical buttons still work for the seats and steering wheel? It's possible that you may have plugged the wrong cable into the a/c harness on the new radio, sounds silly I know but I did it myself the first time installing.

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
Every thing worked perfect until I think I downloaded a linkswell firmware since then it has been haywire, cycling threw the ac setting I have no controls, the lights are on the screen but touches do nothing and it either blows hard heat or hardly one or on some settings none at all

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Every thing worked perfect until I think I downloaded a linkswell firmware since then it has been haywire, cycling threw the ac setting I have no controls, the lights are on the screen but touches do nothing and it either blows hard heat or hardly one or on some settings none at all
Ok, first I would try to get your money back if possible. Your unit has a fraudulent setup from the factory. Essentially everything I said in this post goes for your radio.

https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1959721

In order to help, I'll need to know exactly how you got the firmware you loaded. Did you get it from a link in a video, a forum, Linkswell's website?

You also mentioned something about a file from Phoenix Android? I'll need to know exactly what you uploaded and what link you used to get that file too.

Finally, are you unable to use the touch screen entirely? There are ways around that if so, I just wanted to know for sure.

Reaction score
Ram Year
16 laramie
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes I can use every function of the radio except there is no temperature and I can not cut it up or down in speed or temp but you can see that the touch registers on the screen. And if I am in any other function of the radio those parts of the screen function just fine,its only climate and seat cooling and heating, and I will have to look tomorrow to locate the exact link. The firmware update that messed my controlls up was from links well after I read a post about there ram t style(dumb I now see)and the one I have currently came off of the pheonix websit on Facebook post

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes I can use every function of the radio except there is no temperature and I can not cut it up or down in speed or temp but you can see that the touch registers on the screen. And if I am in any other function of the radio those parts of the screen function just fine,its only climate and seat cooling and heating, and I will have to look tomorrow to locate the exact link. The firmware update that messed my controlls up was from links well after I read a post about there ram t style(dumb I now see)and the one I have currently came off of the pheonix websit on Facebook post
Ok I think I know what the problem is. Are you familiar with accessing the system menu?