"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MLB12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
There is no manual......

Just watch the YouTube video to install. It's a simple install.

Not much point having a user's manual as it is basically an android tablet and users will customise it with their preferred launcher and apps.

You will need to spend some time setting it up and adding apps to suit as the supplied interface is a bit bland....

I suggest you get hold of an android tablet and install a car launcher and music app etc and work out if you like it.

Remember it will run any android app, eBay, weather, nav etc.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
Understood, but my thoughts behind having a manual is not so much for the operation, but seeing all the connections; input, outputs, and the like. These are not really highlighted in the various YouTube videos.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The connections are all labelled.
There are only a few plugs which can only go one way.
Unless you are adding aftermarket cameras etc. But even then it's quite easy.

MLB12

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Is there an input that you can use for a Sirius-XM receiver? I do know that you can set the radio up to use a Sirius-XM app, but then there is a data problem there, in that it uses data. I want a through the air solution so data usage, or availability, isn't an issue.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, there are plenty of a/v inputs spare.
There is also a second USB input.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there an input that you can use for a Sirius-XM receiver? I do know that you can set the radio up to use a Sirius-XM app, but then there is a data problem there, in that it uses data. I want a through the air solution so data usage, or availability, isn't an issue.

From what I have read - no there is not an input the Sirius tuner.

GMScreech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's optional for the tesla unit. There is a separate system that hooks up to multiple camera's you have to mount so you get a 360 top view around your car.
Some newer cars already have this built it. It's exactly as this example image phoenix sent me.
I'm not sure how this will work on the RAM cause the side cams are normally on the bottom side of the mirrors. For regular cars that's no problem, but the ram is 1/4 in front of the mirrors and 3/4 behind the mirrors. I don't think the side camera's are going to cover all the way to the back. That's what i'm trying to work out.

View attachment 121055

do you acquire the 360 cameras? I'm interested in this as well

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I'm still on the fence about this. I have to ask. Those that have this radio installed. Do you like it now? Would you do it again? Is it worth removing my 8.4 with Nav that works perfectly?

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems as though most of the major issues have been addressed..? My biggest hold right now other than spare cash is the boot time. Shame they can't make it to where it has constant power but when the key is out after a certain amount of time the unit went into a sleep mode. It would greatly shorten that 30 seconds.

Julio Rodriguez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm still on the fence about this. I have to ask. Those that have this radio installed. Do you like it now? Would you do it again? Is it worth removing my 8.4 with Nav that works perfectly?
After using it for a couple of weeks, I will actually return this unit and maybe look for other options or perhaps just go back to my original stereo.

It just doesn't feel like a mature product. It is slow and often buggy. It's great to be able to have android and all the apps possibilities and getting rid of restrictions such as not being able to input an address in the GPS while driving, however, I think it is not worth it. For me, not being able to fader to the rear and front speakers in my car it is just unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
After using it for a couple of weeks, I will actually return this unit and maybe look for other options or perhaps just go back to my original stereo.

It just doesn't feel like a mature product. It is slow and often buggy. It's great to be able to have android and all the apps possibilities and getting rid of restrictions such as not being able to input an address in the GPS while driving, however, I think it is not worth it. For me, not being able to fader to the rear and front speakers in my car it is just unacceptable.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply. More than that, thank you for helping me decide not to buy this and saving money for other projects

autumnwalker

Reaction score
Thank you for the post and information! I'm interested in this radio, but the boot time of the PX3 has me rethinking the idea. I wonder if they can get a PX5 unit to fit our dash?

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a screen for setting up the fade etc in the equaliser settings and in the console screen.
An option would be to tap into a permanent power supply for the unit.
Just turn screen off, power drain would be negligible.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
There is a screen for setting up the fade etc in the equaliser settings and in the console screen.
An option would be to tap into a permanent power supply for the unit.
Just turn screen off, power drain would be negligible.

I was thinking it could be modified by adding in a Power Magic Pro.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Fluxlicious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking it could be modified by adding in a Power Magic Pro.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Should be quite easy to do, TS explained how to run the unit outside of the car. Next to that you should be able to use Tasker (Android app) to power off/blank the screen when it's running on battery.

Anyway i ordered mine, should be here in a month or so [emoji14]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A3003 met Tapatalk

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They don't have a battery installed.

Fluxlicious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How will the tablet know when it's on battery?
Running on the car battery that is.

Tasker is an automation tool that can perform various actions on various triggers. What I'm thinking of is when the Tesla unit loses connection with the ODB2, turn off the screen.

Sent using Tapatalk