"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azziat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
what mic did you use to replace the mic on this radio, and what 3.5mm jack did you use? Most require 3 wires, this radio have only 2 did you just not use the shield wire?

3 wire is for stereo, this is mono, you can either tie together the two channels or just get a mono cable. Microphone is just a generic aftermarket microphone off amazon.

autumnwalker

Reaction score
Tasker is an automation tool that can perform various actions on various triggers. What I'm thinking of is when the Tesla unit loses connection with the ODB2, turn off the screen.
Cool! That makes sense - interested to hear your results!

chille37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone else order one of these recently? I ordered through phoenix android radios on February 17th and still have not received any tracking info.

Fluxlicious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone else order one of these recently? I ordered through phoenix android radios on February 17th and still have not received any tracking info.
I was mailing with them asking a few questions and mid conversation they just stopped responding, have no clue why. 19 februari was the last message i received from them. Ordered my unit on eBay instead.

Sent using Tapatalk

chille37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was mailing with them asking a few questions and mid conversation they just stopped responding, have no clue why. 19 februari was the last message i received from them. Ordered my unit on eBay instead.

I have had some interaction with them recently, but its all been weird. I keep asking for tracking info and they just send some canned response that the item should be here in 4-12 days. Chinese New Year has been part of the issue I'm sure.

25002nv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have had some interaction with them recently, but its all been weird. I keep asking for tracking info and they just send some canned response that the item should be here in 4-12 days. Chinese New Year has been part of the issue I'm sure.
I ordered mid Feb and finally had to tell them I was going to call Discover. I received it two days ago. IMO its worth the wait. The music sounds GREAT! Plus all the little stuff is cool. The MAIN issue Im having is the back up camera. I can manually get it to come on but when I put it in reverse I get notta. Ive played with every advanced setting and still notta. I spoke to them on the phone and everything he wanted me to try didnt work. You guys have any ideas?

20180314_175329.jpg

chille37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered mid Feb and finally had to tell them I was going to call Discover. I received it two days ago. IMO its worth the wait. The music sounds GREAT! Plus all the little stuff is cool. The MAIN issue Im having is the back up camera. I can manually get it to come on but when I put it in reverse I get notta. Ive played with every advanced setting and still notta. I spoke to them on the phone and everything he wanted me to try didnt work. You guys have any ideas?

View attachment 122877

Oem or aftermarket? If aftermarket do you remember which harness you plugged the video feed into? Maybe this link can help.

25002nv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Oem or aftermarket? If aftermarket do you remember which harness you plugged the video feed into? Maybe this link can help.

Yeah I tried them all hahaha. Problem is when its switched into reverse the screen doesnt change. I can switch it manually no problem and it reads "back" camera.

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I tried them all hahaha. Problem is when its switched into reverse the screen doesnt change. I can switch it manually no problem and it reads "back" camera.
It sounds like you have the correct video rca attached if it's pulling up when manually selecting "Back" camera. Most likely, the problem is your 12v source. Where are you pulling power from to trigger the cam? There are a few options on the radio harness and if I remember right, the one labeled "Back 12v" is not correct.
Like the video posted by Chille37, you may need to test which wire turns hot when the truck is placed in reverse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

25002nv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
It sounds like you have the correct video rca attached if it's pulling up when manually selecting "Back" camera. Most likely, the problem is your 12v source. Where are you pulling power from to trigger the cam? There are a few options on the radio harness and if I remember right, the one labeled "Back 12v" is not correct.
Like the video posted by Chille37, you may need to test which wire turns hot when the truck is placed in reverse.

Do you have to connect a wire? Its the factory cam.

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ahh, for some reason i thought you were working with an aftermarket cam. I believe Midifilippo had the factory camera working correctly with the unit. Perhaps toss him a pm and see if he has any insight.

Fluxlicious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have the factory cam and it switches on when i put it in reverse as it should. I've have seen a setting in the advanced or hidden menu to switch over the cam on ODB, that option should be turned on.
Is other ODB information read by the unit (like rpm) just to make sure your ODB works.

Sent using Tapatalk

25002nv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I also have the factory cam and it switches on when i put it in reverse as it should. I've have seen a setting in the advanced or hidden menu to switch over the cam on ODB, that option should be turned on.
Is other ODB information read by the unit (like rpm) just to make sure your ODB works.

Sent using Tapatalk
Yup they had me switch that. My RPM and speedo work great on the unit. Anyway I can get you to take a few pics of your settings?

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did the backup cam ever work on reverse? Mine did, then stopped, then came back mysteriously. These things are pretty much trial and error until you figure them out.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Hope they continue to do upgrades and fixes on these tesla style radios. As much as I like the sound quality of my 15 RA4 stereo with aftermarket speakers, this tesla style radio has a nice cool factor and so many options. I just never trust these Android stereos, if they just spent a slight amount more on a cpu, ram and ota updates, could be a huge seller. I have nothing against Chinese made Android devices, been buying non US phones for years with excellent reliability, but my phones used excellent cpu, ram etc. If they could make a android radio with same specs as my current $300 phone I would be all over it. Funny thing is my current phone is almost same size as a normal stereo(6.66 inches).

25002nv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Did the backup cam ever work on reverse? Mine did, then stopped, then came back mysteriously. These things are pretty much trial and error until you figure them out.
Nope, neighbors are starting to think I live in my truck lol. Im always out there trying to switch options to get it to work!

Fluxlicious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup they had me switch that. My RPM and speedo work great on the unit. Anyway I can get you to take a few pics of your settings?
Sure, for what's its worth, here are all the console settings. The hidden settings will be in next post (limited to 9 pics).7f71235b500ce28035187b1bc0d83d89.jpg2cf15563253ed7ef72087862c6f36963.jpgaa159819900213443298f66744c25370.jpgebbf1e98e322617e3e1d448d7fdc1354.jpgcfa2ab7bd1ea4271f3b627810e78fb4b.jpga4a4fc5408e42a9c97c65eb31d5d32e5.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

Fluxlicious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I received my unit this week and I did some more research on using the stock mic with the Tesla unit. After quite some testing I came to the conclusion I can't identify the signal Dodge uses. I also concluded this can't be accomplished without an extra piece of hardware anyway. And since I had some mics laying around I ended up choosing the quick and easy way out and doing the same thing as @mdifilippo. Wiring a new mic to the unit. I put it in the original location as the stock mic, so you can't tell it's there.

If you want to do the same thing it's important the hole of the mic can only pick up sound waves from the front. Use strong double sided tape with a hole to hold the mic in place. Then surround the mic with some mousse (forgot to take a picture) to isolate the back completely from noise and wind and tape it over to hold everything in place. Don't squeeze the mouse to hard under the tape or it will loose it's effect.

The sound quality is back to perfect.
This is confimed by my wife as the hears me the most over Bluetooth calls [emoji39]f8f6a380dd4f21c614134bb547b39427.jpgc26805736a889c07fe5c23930ed432f2.jpg06f6d2a1bbf4b2a25b75f368835b1727.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk