"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you think the “microphone usb dongles” are worth the extra cost over the non microphone one? I’d really like to see if anyone can confirm the microphone works or not on the usb dongle.

Yea if so I may replace mine with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Trying not to be nasty here [emoji13]
If you have a wife, significant other etc you can use one of their pads to put over one mic or the other and it should become obvious which is working or muffled..sigh..I've been married too long...lol
Worth a try not much cost just keep it to yourself...

B

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I tried covering the opening for the one on the headunit, made no discernable difference for OK Google commands no matter which way I had the settings set.

The dongle was completely enclosed in my center console too, commands still worked.

I'm wondering if there is a radio setting for a USB microphone somewhere I might switch.

It would be ideal really if we could get the factory microphone to work over CANBUS or however the signal is encoded/decoded.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
I'm gonna have to look but I want to say when I pulled down my truck settup with alphaOBD there was a microphone setting in there..I will go through the 12 pages of straight type and see if I can find it again..

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm gonna have to look but I want to say when I pulled down my truck settup with alphaOBD there was a microphone setting in there..I will go through the 12 pages of straight type and see if I can find it again..

That would push me over the edge and make me get AlphaOBD...I've been waiting for a reason!

Brimmstone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hoping someone in here can help me. I picked up a 10.4 unit from a friend. We have two issues. Can’t seem to unlink his google play account from it. Second is when he reset it before I got it he reset everything and now I have a tesla that comes up for the vehicle image instead of the ram. Any thoughts on how to change this back.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hoping someone in here can help me. I picked up a 10.4 unit from a friend. We have two issues. Can’t seem to unlink his google play account from it. Second is when he reset it before I got it he reset everything and now I have a tesla that comes up for the vehicle image instead of the ram. Any thoughts on how to change this back.
Can you post a picture of your system information screen?

It will look similar to this...e8e8020628fa5c8df94a2c01039fcc6e.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Do you think the “microphone usb dongles” are worth the extra cost over the non microphone one? I’d really like to see if anyone can confirm the microphone works or not on the usb dongle.
Honestly I can't answer that except to say if you want one that is black instead of white get the one with a microphone.

The difference in price is much smaller than what you can get on eBay. The most important thing to look for is one that supports Android Auto and/or Carplay. Some are both and some are Carplay only from what I've seen...

Jim_Madd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone installed this in a truck with a factory amp mine has the alpine system. I noticed that linkwell has a different harness when you have a factory amp. Which only uses 2 sets of speaker wires.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I did a one year review (My opinion) on this unit if you're interested...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbq6tDdNtsm1zoSwxkvmuXw
So two things (neither of which should change your opinion on the radio)...1 your radio is actually Android 4.4.4 KitKat and 2 if the Android version is faked I've often seen the amount of memory (1G vs 2G) is faked and it actually only has 1G of memory. Both of these fake numbers can be corrected via firmware flashing but it's not necessary unless you have an issue you'd like fixed. It's possible your BU camera issue will be resolved with newer firmware too.

That being said, I originally had that version myself and really liked it. Especially after customizing it like you did.

Brimmstone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ll upload it in the morning. Looks like the forum doesn’t default to notifications. I just saw this response. I’ll try and upload that and a pic of what I’m talking about. Thank you for the reply.

Can you post a picture of your system information screen?

It will look similar to this...e8e8020628fa5c8df94a2c01039fcc6e.jpg

Brimmstone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This have what is needed? Still can’t figure how to go back to full screen

CA7B1E75-AF8C-4B8B-8BE1-90B78B9253BE.jpeg

Brimmstone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Truck is a basic Tradesman edition. God only knows where it came from originally. Personally thinking Espony but they don’t respond to anything.

Yes it does. Where was that radio purchased originally? Interesting ram specific MCU version I've never seen...

In addition, what trim level is your Ram?

Jim_Madd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just in case anyone else is thinking about this for models that have auto start and use the uconnect service. You can still auto start the truck from your key fob but the ac or heat will not automatically turn on either will the heated steering wheel or heated/cooled seats. You will lose the uconnect service which I knew but the no ac/heat was a deal breaker since that's the only reason I wanted remote start. Thanks for the thread though there was a ton of useful info here.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just in case anyone else is thinking about this for models that have auto start and use the uconnect service. You can still auto start the truck from your key fob but the ac or heat will not automatically turn on either will the heated steering wheel or heated/cooled seats. You will lose the uconnect service which I knew but the no ac/heat was a deal breaker since that's the only reason I wanted remote start. Thanks for the thread though there was a ton of useful info here.

That's good to know, thanks for sharing that info!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Truck is a basic Tradesman edition. God only knows where it came from originally. Personally thinking Espony but they don’t respond to anything.
Ok, on the screen you sent me, place your finger in the middle of the information box and hold down until a PW screen appears, the password is 7890...c4e0362c797ea966a50a252117499299.jpg

On the following screen choose car type in the left hand column, Dodge in the middle column and Ram American in the right hand column...

2a0f5ddc265fa23401b130e7f7de50bb.jpg

Finally, on the following screen choose this under protocol then select ok at the bottom...

219f3b13fdd5d17179ad792e6b33fa04.jpg

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, on the screen you sent me, place your finger in the middle of the information box and hold down until a PW screen appears, the password is 7890...c4e0362c797ea966a50a252117499299.jpg

On the following screen choose car type in the left hand column, Dodge in the middle column and Ram American in the right hand column...

2a0f5ddc265fa23401b130e7f7de50bb.jpg

Finally, on the following screen choose this under protocol then select ok at the bottom...

219f3b13fdd5d17179ad792e6b33fa04.jpg

98f8aaa23bde4e47817769ae2d6a73bb.jpg
Phoenix said to always check this box which I never knew was even there . Not sure if it really matters or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm pretty sure that just applies the boot logo but it won't hurt anything.

In fact, in this case it's probably needed so thanks for the assist!