"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Here is my system info. After playing around a bit my auto headlights arent working they stay off. Also my heated/cooling seats and steering wheel do not work. If I use the manual button the radio sees them on then they go off after a few seconds. Could someone send me the link to the lastest updates? I looked on phoenix but am not sure if they are the latest.

View attachment 164660
I can get you the files you need. At first glance though, I think everything looks good. What year/model and trim level is your truck?

Can you tell me what your car type is set to and what protocol is set on the car type screen? It will look like this...4c4f404d4d12c2e8321777a9341c63b0.jpg307e3babff54f1c6d3cc66109bd8a86e.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi, I’m missing some of my wiring harness an can’t seem to find any replacements. I need the RCA harness for an external amp. If someone could take a picture of the location it plugs into on the back of the deck an a close up of the harness it self so I can see how’s its wired? Or maybe a pinout diagram? Or a contact to order more harness? Thank you
Here is the harness (cream colored connector). I can't take a picture of the back, but it only fits in one...7f35d22bcc6945994be3348643c20229.jpg8d54b960318943fe22ba3c57fcb85091.jpg

Craanenc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is the harness (cream colored connector). I can't take a picture of the back, but it only fits in one...7f35d22bcc6945994be3348643c20229.jpg8d54b960318943fe22ba3c57fcb85091.jpg

Thank you that helps a lot!! is there any chance you could show the back of the female pin connector better, I’ll probably need to make my own from scratch, seeing how I don’t have it at all.

Jim_Madd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2017 ram 1500 sport but I have the alpine sound with auto air heated/cooled seats. The Car Type is Ram High and the protocol is that same as you have selected. One strange this is the app version yours has phoinex in the name I have Carcool. I did flash Phoniex update but mine still remains as carcool. I did not do a hard update with the reset button.
I can get you the files you need. At first glance though, I think everything looks good. What year/model and trim level is your truck?

Can you tell me what your car type is set to and what protocol is set on the car type screen? It will look like this...4c4f404d4d12c2e8321777a9341c63b0.jpg307e3babff54f1c6d3cc66109bd8a86e.jpg

Jim_Madd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
another weird issue I was following phoinex video on updating the canbus. I dont have the option in the video has this changed with the 7.1 units?

20190501_134659.jpg

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
another weird issue I was following phoinex video on updating the canbus. I dont have the option in the video has this changed with the 7.1 units?

View attachment 164679
Don't follow their instructions on which file is for you. I've found them to be inconsistent. Especially if you didn't buy through them. I'll get you the files needed today.

Jim_Madd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK cool thanks. The unit I have is from them.

Paul1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are the newest firmware's becoming more vehicle specific, or are they still generic enough to use on Android units in other cars? I ended up getting directed here because of the fantastic work everyone is doing (especially SitBendKneel), but I have a 2011 CTS, not a Ram. I'm looking to flash mine to the latest firmware and can provide a screenshot of my specs a bit later.

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
OK cool thanks. The unit I have is from them.
Ok, before we flash anything...can you confirm some settings for me. In your system settings menu (PW 7890) for "can baudrate" and "airbox baudrate". Can you confirm both of those values are set to "38400"?

And yes, use the hard reset button...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Are the newest firmware's becoming more vehicle specific, or are they still generic enough to use on Android units in other cars? I ended up getting directed here because of the fantastic work everyone is doing (especially SitBendKneel), but I have a 2011 CTS, not a Ram. I'm looking to flash mine to the latest firmware and can provide a screenshot of my specs a bit later.
I wouldn't want to try it. I have seen Phoenix Android respond on their Facebook page to inquiries like this for other vehicles. Whoever answers their FB stuff seems to be knowledgeable and quicker to respond.

I'd be hesitant to say it will work but I've seen them going farther and farther back in years for compatibility. It's worth asking a reseller...

Jim_Madd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I can confirm both 392b1fa56e8faba285b9c9687e40ad36.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Is that the only place you see Chinese writing?

Paul1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't want to try it. I have seen Phoenix Android respond on their Facebook page to inquiries like this for other vehicles. Whoever answers their FB stuff seems to be knowledgeable and quicker to respond.

I'd be hesitant to say it will work but I've seen them going farther and farther back in years for compatibility. It's worth asking a reseller...

Thanks for the info. I bought mine from AliExpress, and even after explicitly asking about changing Celsius to Fahrenheit and being told it would be possible, it's not. That's probably my biggest complaint. I know there a many other car options to select from in the settings, and in fact have accidentally selected one before just by scrolling through the list. Nothing happened other than the wrong pic being displayed on reboot, so I was able to easily change it back. Here's my specs anyway, I'd still be interested in a link to the latest firmware.

IMG_0060.JPG

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So it has a faked Android Version on it. It's not Android 7.1.1 but 4.4.4. If you paid for a fastboot I'd get some or all of your money back.

This is not to say it's not a good radio, just to say that if they sold it to you by misleading you, PayPal will back a dispute (if that's how you paid).

Your firmware is relatively new (December 2018). As soon as you flash another 4.4.4 firmware it will report accurately. DO NOT attempt to flash any 7.1.1 firmwares, they are not compatible. Any 4.4.4 firmware Phoenix puts out that's listed as compatible with your vehicle "should" work.

Before flashing anything, be sure to make a copy of your customer.xml file if you don't have access to the original firmware.

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone used this with the Alpine 9 speaker system? Does it all work? And how about DVD/CD player? Thanks all!

Paul1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_0057.JPG
So it has a faked Android Version on it. It's not Android 7.1.1 but 4.4.4. If you paid for a fastboot I'd get some or all of your money back.

This is not to say it's not a good radio, just to say that if they sold it to you by misleading you, PayPal will back a dispute (if that's how you paid).

Your firmware is relatively new (December 2018). As soon as you flash another 4.4.4 firmware it will report accurately. DO NOT attempt to flash any 7.1.1 firmwares, they are not compatible. Any 4.4.4 firmware Phoenix puts out that's listed as compatible with your vehicle "should" work.

Before flashing anything, be sure to make a copy of your customer.xml file if you don't have access to the original firmware.

Yeah I knew buying it that it wasn't really 7.1.1 (and not fast boot). But for $617 shipped I was willing to take my chances on it being a decent radio. I'll see what's over on the Phoenix site, and in the mean time I've also emailed the seller to see if they can get an updated firmware. The GUI is pretty much identical, here's mine booted up to the FCC navi screen, but same controls at the top and bottom as the others. Thanks again for the info!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
View attachment 164725

Yeah I knew buying it that it wasn't really 7.1.1 (and not fast boot). But for $617 shipped I was willing to take my chances on it being a decent radio. I'll see what's over on the Phoenix site, and in the mean time I've also emailed the seller to see if they can get an updated firmware. The GUI is pretty much identical, here's mine booted up to the FCC navi screen, but same controls at the top and bottom as the others. Thanks again for the info!
Yeah, it's essentially the same radio as what's being discussed here. There are rooted firmwares available for it. If you want a huge multi car type discussion to look through and repository of firmwares, checkout 4PDA's thread for these radios (use Google translate)...

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=877711

Paul1965

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

DaleSander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have issues with the factory camera being very dark? Its very hard to see!

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk