"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

25002nv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hidden settingsf3fab4b05884961ab6748ad5a7b9ef73.jpg41bc876ef996fe538011de2bb7aefb8b.jpgcf5cbab5f4d19ec759118550bc8def78.jpg68163926cf583906afec59a31dc339b7.jpgcfb08201e8ac5ca7800019eb432f765c.jpgbd2fbd7d4d76656d1460193d16119156.jpg545c87c9196872adbe53c7a98c9a8488.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk
Thanks a ton! Well I tried your settings and still notta. Im calling Monday, they need to send me a new unit Im over messing with this thing.

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Cam issue sounds like you are not getting a trigger. Wonder if you can try running a wire from backup light to radio to trigger reverse. You can test this by finding radio trigger wire and just touch a + to see if it works before wiring a trigger wire.

Last edited:

chille37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If anyone here has the unit pulled out, can you please take a picture of the wiring harness (that came withe the Tesla Style Radio) that plugs into our Climate Control harness? Phoenix didn't send me one and I'm having a hell of a time getting them to understand what it is that they need to now send. Thanks!

chille37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this the climate control harness? I found this pic on the espony-cargo site.

harness.png

JB007Rules

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They may have android auto but you wouldn't have the functionality of the Tesla style unit.

This is closer to what is here.
https://www.amazon.com/ATOTO-Navigation-A62721P-Entertainment-Multimedia/dp/B075W9GMPF?th=1

Or
https://www.joyingauto.com/

But with these they probably won't fully integrate with our trucks and there are plenty of mixed reviews. Best bet is to start checking out Youtube and watching some reviews.

Fluxlicious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a few smaller issues with my unit and i'm wondering if you guys have this too.
- Every time it starts the clock is in 1970-01-01 00:00 until it has internet access and then it updates the clock correctly after a few minutes.
- I can't do the SWC Study. I've seen on youtube you should click "Clear" first and then the button you want to assign and that button should turn green. Mine doesn't turn green and assigning doesn't work.
The steering wheel buttons however do work with the factory settings the unit came with.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
DO you guys know if they make a generic version of this radio? Something custom that could be added to a center console on an old car that doesn't even have a fancy wiring harness, just a positive and negative wire

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You could use this that way in theory. You could either just use the DVR pigtail to power it or just create a custom harness.

Phoenix android is apparently working in a new version for the ram, they are claiming quicker startup as well as true android 7.1.1 operating system. They are saying possibly by the end of the month, I plan to try and get my hands on one once they are out.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You could use this that way in theory. You could either just use the DVR pigtail to power it or just create a custom harness.

Phoenix android is apparently working in a new version for the ram, they are claiming quicker startup as well as true android 7.1.1 operating system. They are saying possibly by the end of the month, I plan to try and get my hands on one once they are out.
True Android 7.1.1? Upgradeable?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Jerzey111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The end of the month? How reliable is this ?

OP
OP
mdifilippo

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
True Android 7.1.1? Upgradeable?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
They are saying true 7.1.1 they never falsified any of the info on their other units. Upgradeable I have no idea, I'd have to assume no. The "settings" menu of the android side does look different which does make me believe it is true 7.1.1

As far as how reliable is the info, they posted it on their instagram account, I then reached out and was going back and forth with whoever runs their insta account about the unit. They posted a video of the bootup and it is absolutely faster. The rest of the screen layout looked the same, it does appear they added a defrost button to the physical button next to the hazard lights as well as a physical "off" button. Also claim they reworked the bezel a bit. The reboot seems to be "instant on" the video they posted doesn't have a boot screen, it goes from black to screen on.

BobbyB1017

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had my radio for about 3 weeks and have been going back and forth trying to get the correct harness but I'm thinking it may be easier to do myself if possible. At first I had sound in my rear speakers but not the front. I narrowed it down that the front output for the radio was wired to the rears incorrectly thru the harness. I found a pin diagram for my harness and was able to move those 4 wires and now have sound in the front. The new problem is that there are no wires in the harness they provided that are output for the rear speakers. Has anyone been able to find a pin diagram for the actual radio where I could find the outputs for the rears and then wire them to the harness myself?

Fluxlicious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are saying true 7.1.1 they never falsified any of the info on their other units. Upgradeable I have no idea, I'd have to assume no. The "settings" menu of the android side does look different which does make me believe it is true 7.1.1

As far as how reliable is the info, they posted it on their instagram account, I then reached out and was going back and forth with whoever runs their insta account about the unit. They posted a video of the bootup and it is absolutely faster. The rest of the screen layout looked the same, it does appear they added a defrost button to the physical button next to the hazard lights as well as a physical "off" button. Also claim they reworked the bezel a bit. The reboot seems to be "instant on" the video they posted doesn't have a boot screen, it goes from black to screen on.
7.1 version had just became available for sale: https://facebook.com/commerce/products/1675628642474492

Sent using Tapatalk

Fluxlicious

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had my radio for about 3 weeks and have been going back and forth trying to get the correct harness but I'm thinking it may be easier to do myself if possible. At first I had sound in my rear speakers but not the front. I narrowed it down that the front output for the radio was wired to the rears incorrectly thru the harness. I found a pin diagram for my harness and was able to move those 4 wires and now have sound in the front. The new problem is that there are no wires in the harness they provided that are output for the rear speakers. Has anyone been able to find a pin diagram for the actual radio where I could find the outputs for the rears and then wire them to the harness myself?
I have the exact same problem. I complained about this and they sent me a new harnes with all 8 wires but the rear speakers still don't work. My next step when i have some time was to wire a single external speaker to the outputs to see if there's actually sound coming from all 4 channels. I did find the the pinouts for both the unit and the RAM, ill post em tomorrow when I'm at my computer.

Sent using Tapatalk

mick1152

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The end of the month? How reliable is this ?

Very! It's available to order on their site now! The Android 7.1.1 Fastboot configuration only comes in a 2GB Ram 32GB Storage configuration.

Last edited:

mick1152

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When someone gets the new version, please let us know if they fixed all the gremlins, and stock mic still crap

I ordered the other day when they were first available and paid extra for the "expedited" shipping which they say should be here within two weeks (5 days build time and 1 week shipping). Hopefully that's accurate and I can report soon.

Since I have the Express model I at least have steering wheel controls and an OEM backup camera sitting in a box I need to install while I wait for it to arrive.