"Tesla Style" 10.4 Android Radio Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And is the bootleg unit[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I knew it! @GoodToBeMarine..looking familiar?

Well, this thing is going back to the box and requesting refund. eb8148d2fbc5d8364faa5012f357d4ac.jpgc3d38c1e05a51c1d4ef139c0e98b6921.jpgf9333073afd465faf3c6b4f29eab396e.jpg28ca663858d8a7f195a2adfb4b15a61a.jpg384516ab2a34dbf0ee2cfacc1ea9a070.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Okay gentlemen... so I can pretty much say it's safe to say for me to blast Rhino on my YouTube channel [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Okay gentlemen... so I can pretty much say it's safe to say for me to blast Rhino on my YouTube channel [emoji23]

Ohh yeah..please!. At least Phoenix is consistent about the hardware they sell. Rhino Radios...well the only good thing might be their communication. At least they replied to me fast online/via phone.

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
And is the bootleg unit[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I knew it! @GoodToBeMarine..looking familiar?

Well, this thing is going back to the box and requesting refund. eb8148d2fbc5d8364faa5012f357d4ac.jpgc3d38c1e05a51c1d4ef139c0e98b6921.jpgf9333073afd465faf3c6b4f29eab396e.jpg28ca663858d8a7f195a2adfb4b15a61a.jpg384516ab2a34dbf0ee2cfacc1ea9a070.jpg

Well at least it's not the exact one I returned. The shrink wrap is still intact. Lol

Did you try a screw to see if the holes are oversized. Would be more ammo for a full refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Well at least it's not the exact one I returned. The shrink wrap is still intact. Lol

Did you try a screw to see if the holes are oversized. Would be more ammo for a full refund.

You are right, I looked at your previous pics and noticed this unit is brand new and might not be the one you returned. I haven't install it yet, but I could see 3 holes on each side are different from the rest.

I will install it tomorrow, but if my AC still have issues, they will have no other option than providing me the full refund. Worse case scenario, I will probably be ending up selling it on eBay.

Last edited:

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are right, I looked at your previous pics and noticed this unit is brand new and might not be the one you returned. I haven't install it yet, but I could see 3 holes on each side are different from the rest.

I will install it tomorrow, but if my AC still have issues, they will have no other option than providing me the full refund. Worse case scenario, I will probably be ending up selling it on eBay.

Lol! Buyer beware!

Tan Cai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0l
No, that update is not for your radio. I'll PM you the a download link today with proper files.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I loaded it and the radio works again!! Thanks for your help.
Just for my future knowlage what radio do I have and where should I look for future upgrades?

Thanks again

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L

BtW, what size of screws did you buy[emoji848]? I just want to be prepared just in case.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Unless they re shrink-wrapped it LOL [emoji23]

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I loaded it and the radio works again!! Thanks for your help.
Just for my future knowlage what radio do I have and where should I look for future upgrades?

Thanks again
You have an Android 4.4.4 based T-Style radio. 4PDA (a Russian forum similar to XDA) keeps a pretty good list of firmwares for these although I haven't seen a new 4.4.4 firmware since November 2018 (you don't want that one).

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Hi Swissarmyknofe,

If you don't mind, would you please take pictures of the main board inside of the px6 radio?? Would love to see what the board # is on these. We likely can find a board pretty cheap and confer many of these 4.4.4's and 7.1's to the px6 model. The MCU (should) run independently, so I think a main board swap and rom install would get some of our radios finally up and running!

By the way, to maintain the longevity of this radio, do what you can to cool it. I HIGHLY reccomend removing the heat skinks and replacing with artic silver paste (I still have to pull my radio and do this on mine)

Thanks!

Sorry, for now until the issues I have are resolved I am not going to risk the warranty. There is a sticker over the cover and I would have to tear it to get into it. At due time I will open it up and look into it, but I assume it's similar to the images that one guy took over at XDA of a PX6 style HU.

I already posted over there a few times as others have used GFX card fan's and Al heat sinks to draw the heat away. Again at due time I will do this as well, but for now Phoenix Automotive need to resolve the issues I have as otherwise it's not going to be worth keeping the unit.

Last edited:

Matt12eagles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Sorry, for now until the issues I have are resolved I am not going to risk the warranty. There is a sticker over the cover and I would have to tear it to get into it. At due time I will open it up and look into it, but I assume it's similar to the images that one guy took over at XDA of a PX6 style HU.

I already posted over there a few times as others have used GFX card fan's and Al heat sinks to draw the heat away. Again at due time I will do this as well, but for now Phoenix Automotive need to resolve the issues I have as otherwise it's not going to be worth keeping the unit.
Sounds good! Completely understand your concern.

I hope they can get you up and running soon!

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok I am starting to like Phoenix Radio more and more. They received my return unit yesterday and issued a full refund today! Very easy return process in my experience. Now if only they would ship my PX6 unit.

Disclaimer: I am a very persistent person and they may have acted more quickly to shut me up. :)

XDA guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Ok I am starting to like Phoenix Radio more and more. They received my return unit yesterday and issued a full refund today! Very easy return process in my experience. Now if only they would ship my PX6 unit.

Disclaimer: I am a very persistent person and they may have acted more quickly to shut me up. :)
What size of screws did you buy for your 3 button unit?

GoodToGoMarine

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What size of screws did you buy for your 3 button unit?

Oh sorry I was going to respond last night and I forgot. I bought like three different sizes and I can't remember the size that worked. :(

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel

I'm on day 2 of waiting for the cable to actually ship. They were prompt to give me a tracking #, but as of today it still shows as not received by USPS. So, just like you, I have to keep being persistent. I hate being assertive this way, but apparently that is the only language they understand.

Sure hope your's shows up soon, then we can joins forces and get all the kinks worked out of these new units.