Test drove an '18 Tradesman CTD...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
...yesterday and I liked it!

This particular model, with the off-road package and a 6'4" bed, drove really well on the street and freeway frontage roads. While I didn't try any burnouts, steep climbs or heavy trailers with it, I was surprised at its manners. I've read comments here about it being a little rough on ride quality, but I didn't think it much worse than my Reb with the factory air suspension. One other thing that impressed was how quiet it was...both inside and out. You'd never know what motor was in the engine bay at idle; certainly at startup, but not hardly at idle. Bottom line: two thumbs up!

So will I trade the Reb for it? I'd like to, but I have to convince the wife. The interior isn't as comfortable as my rig, but that's because it's a Tradesman, duh! About the only similarities are the overall cab dimensions and the rubber mats! I like the idea of a front-row third passenger seat vs. the big console, but I really could go either way. The color is nice...I call it McBlue (a ref most Texas RFs will get--hey, Mc!), better known as True Blue Pearl. It's really dark in the shade; so much so my salesman thought it was Granite Crystal Metallic from a distance. The larger bed is sweet, but I'll hate to lose my RamBoxes because those things rock! Finally, I daresay my fuel mileage will be better, too (loaded or towing, anyway). Finally, the price is nice as the Tradesman is aging inventory and dealers hate it.

I'm sure to most of y'all, this info is nothing new, but I figured I'd put my thoughts in writing in case others are considering trading up and out of a 1500.

TXCOMT

Wow, someone else that can't make their own decision. I'm buying a vehicle for me, what I like, what I want. NOT asking a bunch of guys on a forum. I just don't get that.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Wow, someone else that can't make their own decision. I'm buying a vehicle for me, what I like, what I want. NOT asking a bunch of guys on a forum. I just don't get that.
And yet you felt the need to jump in and give your advice or whatever you call it :****sweak:

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
And yet you felt the need to jump in and give your advice or whatever you call it :****sweak:

Cause I'm a big boy, I can make my own decisions. You ask people when you should eat??

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Cause I'm a big boy, I can make my own decisions. You ask people when you should eat??
A big boy who’s on a forum where wait for it.... people ask for opinions and ask questions. Why does it bug you so much lol? Speaking of eating... hey y’all when’s a good time for dinner?

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
A big boy who’s on a forum where wait for it.... people ask for opinions and ask questions. Why does it bug you so much lol? Speaking of eating... hey y’all when’s a good time for dinner?

You ask opinions on what trim level, and what type of truck you should buy?? LOL, wow.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Great comeback! I didn't expect anything less considering the outstanding range you possess. On that topic, looking forward to seeing your weekly 'get off my lawn' style rants for this fine Friday.

Oh and good job using the correct "you're" this time.