That Dam Hemi Tick!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

demonram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea that is a good point, I wonder if you were to compare the Hemi to other motors what is the average life span of cams and lifters. and why is it such a big issue with Hemi?
I have read on here that it's pretty much an issue with bowties and blue ovals as well. I think it's just the nature of the mechanics with roller cams and lifters. And let's admit it, we love to hear that hemi purr under hard acceleration, so that will wear on them as well. With conventional cams, the lifter has a lot more surface area to distribute the stress on. Pull out a hydraulic cam and lifters from an engine at say, 100,000 miles and they will probably still look new. And you don't have that little roller spinning who knows how many rpm's like a roller lifter. Just physics I guess. At least that's my thoughts on it.

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Pretty sure Reignited or somebody else on YT has pulled high mileage hemis apart and the lifters were like "in new" condition.

So if you don't have hemi tick, your lifters and cam will be fine. The vast majority won't get hemi tick either.