The 19 Laramie Ram Compared To My 14 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I have 543 miles on so far and getting combo driving mpg at 18.6 so far. At a good guess 40 % Town and 60% open hiway with Hiway speed usually 60 to 65 mph. I had a 2014 Ram Laramie with exact same features except three items the 14 had that is not on the 19 a drop in K&N air filter ,no E-Torque. I averaged with 14 same combo driving each time 19 MPG sometimes on most Hiway trips 60 to 65 MPH 21 Mpg.
This 19 is doing 18.5 with less than 600 miles on it almost what the 14 did with 55000 Miles. The 19 is by far different in many ways than the 14 was. Its projected (Based off last truck break in to get about 22 to 23 mpg by the time break in is done and the added options on the 19 that 14 had. Both Trucks are Crew Cabs with 5.8 Beds with 392 Rear gears. Here is a recap that may be easier to compare for all in my case fpr the MPG.

2014 Had Drop in K&N Air Filter - 19 Not in place yet
2014 Had Retrax Lexam toneau Cover - 19 not on yet (On Order)
2014 Had no E-Torque- 19 has E-Torque

Comparing non MPG features from 14 to 19 I have found a total different Ride than before Much smoother ride.Noise level in the truck is by far reduced in the 19. Air suspension is way faster than the 14 in raising and lowering the Truck with a much faster Exit entry lowering.Have not Nailed it from take off....But I can tell so far I have more low end grunt from take off over the 14. The seats in the 19 are far more Comfortable than the 14 seems like it has much better comfort. Lowering the tail gate is powered not on the 14. Wife could not lift tail gate on 14 she can do one handed on the 19. Can drop tail gate with key fob having hands full. LED head lights are much brighter on 19 than the projectors was on the 14. I saved the best for last,the power Steps are by far better to use getting in and out the truck on the 19 vs 14. The Sound System Harmon -Kardon over the Alpine is by far better sound. It may be just me but the 19 sits higher in all modes. It was noticed with nothing said by two other family members who have driven the new 19.

Cabin space in the 19 is great with the back floor being flat no hump! The storage under back seat is larger with no sub woofer under the seat taking up the space.The floor storage bins are larger and have hooks at the top for strapping rear cargo the 14 did not have.

The cabin inside with the Sliding console is fantastic and has cubbies every where. This truck is totally different than 14 with all of its updates. Not saying the 14 is a not a great truck either. The 14 Ram was a very fine truck with no issues for over 4 years I had it.

***** Have not tried out the E-locker. Will need towing in loose gravel or dirt with a good load to pull or driving in heavy snow to find out later.*****

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have noticed that the new FCA vehicles have a hard time with estimating fuel mileage distance or averages. My wife’s Jeep would change over 100 miles difference remaining during a 6 mile trip before they flashed it. It still isn’t perfect, but it’s better. With that being said, I’m getting 20-22 on the highway with my 4x4 3.92 Laramie and about 16-18 city. City average would be higher if South Florida didn’t have a light every 12 feet because at 45-55mph, my gauge says 33avg. With that being said, it’s still worse than my 392 Charger in terms of gas, but better for me and my family at everything else. Small trade. Even with the bigger tank and worse fuel, I’m only putting about $9 more a week in fuel because of the different octanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 REBEL
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Went from a ‘14 Express that I modded with a lot of extras to a ‘19 Rebel that I am going to leave mostly stock. I know there is a big difference between a Rebel and an Express, but the ‘19 is a way better truck in my opinion that the 4th gen trucks.

OP
OP
Ramit355

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have noticed that the new FCA vehicles have a hard time with estimating fuel mileage distance or averages. My wife’s Jeep would change over 100 miles difference remaining during a 6 mile trip before they flashed it. It still isn’t perfect, but it’s better. With that being said, I’m getting 20-22 on the highway with my 4x4 3.92 Laramie and about 16-18 city. City average would be higher if South Florida didn’t have a light every 12 feet because at 45-55mph, my gauge says 33avg. With that being said, it’s still worse than my 392 Charger in terms of gas, but better for me and my family at everything else. Small trade. Even with the bigger tank and worse fuel, I’m only putting about $9 more a week in fuel because of the different octanes.

That weird on the estimating.... The 18 392 we have on ave gets about 22 and open hiway at about 70 Mph we get about 26 mpg with it....only mod is the tazer and drop in K&M air filter. Glad to hear this 1 392 will get a little better after some more miles.

OP
OP
Ramit355

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Went from a ‘14 Express that I modded with a lot of extras to a ‘19 Rebel that I am going to leave mostly stock. I know there is a big difference between a Rebel and an Express, but the ‘19 is a way better truck in my opinion that the 4th gen trucks.

I almost bought a Rebel this time myself...I like the Rebel well too.The 19 seems to be a far better built truck over the older ones....but the older ones is a fine truck too.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
That weird on the estimating.... The 18 392 we have on ave gets about 22 and open hiway at about 70 Mph we get about 26 mpg with it....only mod is the tazer and drop in K&M air filter. Glad to hear this 1 392 will get a little better after some more miles.

What’s weird about the estimates? I’ve driven every engine ever offered on the new age Chargers lol either personally or my time as a technician

OP
OP
Ramit355

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What’s weird about the estimates? I’ve driven every engine ever offered on the new age Chargers lol either personally or my time as a technician

it just seems after all the electronic wizardrey they could get it to be accurate...lol

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
it just seems after all the electronic wizardrey they could get it to be accurate...lol

There’s something wrong with these cars and their computers. They’re suffering the same issues all other companies in the technology segment are, they’re rushing to market. It’s why the cruise control issues exist, or the phantom unlocks, or other weird gremlins. The last update on my wife’s compass didn’t allow it to turn back on with the engine assist... had to get it flashed again yesterday.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963