The *clunk* is gone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I've had my Ram for 2 years now, bought used w/98K on it.
It's always had a clunk when turning left up into my driveway, and since I'm now redoing the suspension & steering, thought I'd start small.

Replaced my stabilizer bar links this morning, and....and....the clunk is GONE! :party36:

Here's the 'battlefield' before & after (I know, there's still LOTS to be done!)
5Wvke8e.jpg
9uum1x7.jpg
Both top studs snapped off trying to loosen them.
Old ones had grease fittings but were bone dry.

Right side (I sprayed WD40 on all bushings I could reach)
z9PSszG.jpg
Left side
bnN1SHr.jpg

The rack's been leaking for a couple of months, and obviously I need springs/shocks.
Bought the outer tie rod ends on Amazon, and my local Meineke where I've gone for decades
quoted me @ $900 for a lifetime warranty reman w/alignment. He has no problems installing my parts (did my Flowmaster, rear 2"drop coils & Bilsteins)
Going to get new shocks/springs, not lowering 'cause I like the level look it has with just the 2" drop in back. Probably gonna go Bilsteins up front too.

But for right now, I'm a happy clunk-free camper!:happy107:

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice wish i did Bilsteins in the front on mine i hate the rancho shocks i used on mine.

Grad12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 3.6
Nice wish i did Bilsteins in the front on mine i hate the rancho shocks i used on mine.

What part do you hate about the ranchos? Are they adjustable?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What part do you hate about the ranchos? Are they adjustable?

They have adjustment for the stiffness drove/felt awesome for about 3 months now I have all of them turned all the way up cause they got spongy once they wore in feels like stock again so no better. I mean it did level my truck but for the price I expected the better then stock ride to last.

Grad12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6 3.6
They have adjustment for the stiffness drove/felt awesome for about 3 months now I have all of them turned all the way up cause they got spongy once they wore in feels like stock again so no better. I mean it did level my truck but for the price I expected the better then stock ride to last.

So I'm looking for a really comfy ride. Almost Cadillac like, would these do well as that type of shock? You might be going for stiff but I'm going for soft.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm looking for a really comfy ride. Almost Cadillac like, would these do well as that type of shock? You might be going for stiff but I'm going for soft.

By spongy i mean the truck got to the point it was hard to control i had to turn them all the way up to get back to normal/stock feel. Actually been emailing the company to see if i can get replacements or $$ back not even a year old.