The COMPLETE Shorty Header Installation Guide - DIY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I finally had a chance to edit hours of footage of the JBA Shorty header install for the 4th gen RAM. Overall the job isn't difficult it is just labor intensive and takes a bit more time and finesse getting at the manifold bolts.

Definitely check out this video if you are considering tackling the job yourself and I'm sure it will help show what all is involved in the process!

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Notice any difference? Getting ready to install ARH long tubes on my 14.

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Notice any difference? Getting ready to install ARH long tubes on my 14.

I haven't got a custom tune yet cause we are doing a bunch of other stuff but gas mileage went up and takes a lot less pedal to get the truck moving now

Last edited:

GatheredEarth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your videos are awesome man! I've got a set of BBK shortys just sitting on my work bench. Can't decide on putting them on or just selling and saving for long tubes. Do you think they are worth it and can you feel any difference after driving with them for awhile now?

DM1204

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've read there is some concern with 4x4 models and the long 1 7/8" headers not fitting. I am looking at the shorty 1 5/8" and keeping the stock cat as you did. Does anyone know if there is any problem with fit on 4x4 equipped models? Thanks!

DM1204

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've looked over the forums twice over and cant find anything specific to shorty headers being installed on a 4x4. Lots of long header swaps.
Anyone?

OP
OP
Boosted Motorsports

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You shouldn't have any issues if you go with a quality header like JBA but its just a bit less space to work with on the install since you will have the transfer case, cv and other components. It does fit though.

GatheredEarth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've looked over the forums twice over and cant find anything specific to shorty headers being installed on a 4x4. Lots of long header swaps.
Anyone?
I did BBK ceramic shorty headers on my 4x4. It was a complete ***** to do but it is doable. Being 4x4 you have to remove the starter, steering shaft and its better to loosen your factory Y pipe. Getting them in is tighter than german *****.