The HP game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thats awesome info, thank you. Anybody have a baseline fir a stick 5.7?
Also, the 6.4 manifold…does it need to be off of a truck? Mist Ive seen have the intake TB angled to the drivers side…
Yes it does,the cars 6.4 intake points the throttle body to the other side (drivers side),which means the alternator is basically in the way.To get the longer intake runners,meant they had to lengthen the mouth of the intake somehow,so they extended it off to the passenger side on the trucks to compensate for the added length

Last edited:
OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PPE pan installed. Nothing out of the ordinary on the magnets or in the filter. No chunks at least.Used Valvoline MaxLife, shifting fine no issues. Will change out the fluid again in a week or so. That part was easy.
For the benefit of others, a oem pan and prob the Dorman you can do as it sits…PPE pan you will have to either unbolt your exhaust above the cats or do what I did and unbolt the trans from the crossmember. Behind that crossmember is the metal bracket that mates the trans to the crossmember, this is the jack point. I made a 2x4 adapter to jack at this point. Raised trans 1.5” to get the PPE pan over the exhaust and under the trans. Do not forget flange collars from old pan, I bought a new gasket instead of the suggested by PPE reuse of the oem.
I did the fluid on the T-case fluid today, very easy.
Ordered the V6 efan and have a 180 Tstat on-hand already. Will do both of those when the efan arrives.

Attachments

• DE8B86D8-8202-40E6-9B59-22708B15EEB9.jpeg
    DE8B86D8-8202-40E6-9B59-22708B15EEB9.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 57D06063-F106-46FA-99A7-838A053FDDA1.jpeg
    57D06063-F106-46FA-99A7-838A053FDDA1.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 9

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
PPE pan installed. Nothing out of the ordinary on the magnets or in the filter. No chunks at least.Used Valvoline MaxLife, shifting fine no issues. Will change out the fluid again in a week or so. That part was easy.
For the benefit of others, a oem pan and prob the Dorman you can do as it sits…PPE pan you will have to either unbolt your exhaust above the cats or do what I did and unbolt the trans from the crossmember. Behind that crossmember is the metal bracket that mates the trans to the crossmember, this is the jack point. I made a 2x4 adapter to jack at this point. Raised trans 1.5” to get the PPE pan over the exhaust and under the trans. Do not forget flange collars from old pan, I bought a new gasket instead of the suggested by PPE reuse of the oem.
I did the fluid on the T-case fluid today, very easy.
Ordered the V6 efan and have a 180 Tstat on-hand already. Will do both of those when the efan arrives.
You've probably said this and i missed it,but are you tuned Craig.I wouldn't do the e-fan mod unless you're tuned and can adjust the fans on/off parameters,otherwise you have no fan until roughly 220F,or you run the A/C

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You've probably said this and i missed it,but are you tuned Craig.I wouldn't do the e-fan mod unless you're tuned and can adjust the fans on/off parameters,otherwise you have no fan until roughly 220F,or you run the A/C
Yessir! I have Diablosport i3 and Hemifever 93/ZF tune. Already emailed Sean asking for the update!
Good call out for others that read the thread!

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dangit…I cannot for the life of me find my pipe wrench…Guess Im on a tool run…wonder if Autozone has a fan clutch removal tool.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Dangit…I cannot for the life of me find my pipe wrench…Guess Im on a tool run…wonder if Autozone has a fan clutch removal tool.
Craig these with an air hammer work the best for pulling the OEM fan off.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thanks Rick. I dont have any air tools yet,all my stuff is electric. I did just run to Autozone and rented removal tools. Hoping that does the trick.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I cheated a bit and used a big crescent wrench and a prybar between the pulley and the block. I tried extra pressure on the tensioner pulley but it kept spinning still.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I cheated a bit and used a big crescent wrench and a prybar between the pulley and the block. I tried extra pressure on the tensioner pulley but it kept spinning still.
They can make you learn some new words,especially if the truck has been drove like you stole it,prior to removing the fan,lol. Being left hand thread,they have a habit of self tightening at higher rpms :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I got a tool to hold the fan, the other tool/wrenches are too big. Need a 36mm and the smallest in the set is a 40. BUT I found my big crescent wrench that maxes at 36mm. I will tackle this tomorrow and the Tstat…Then I will hit it with the tuner to lower fan temps, log some stuff and send it to HF.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also passively hunting new tires…contacted a few places in town. The place zi bought my Falken’s from offers a 10% discount to return customers. They are the highest though. This place did say they had a 2mo old set of Nitto Terra Grapplers “barely used” theyd let me have for a $1100 installed and done. Hmmmm
Looking at a repeat set of WildPeaks, Nitto Recon Grapplers or Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek.
Considering staying at 305/55 or going to 35’s. Decisions…No rush, these tires were near 12/32 in November…but Im not stupid enough to run them down low.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
Also passively hunting new tires…contacted a few places in town. The place zi bought my Falken’s from offers a 10% discount to return customers. They are the highest though. This place did say they had a 2mo old set of Nitto Terra Grapplers “barely used” theyd let me have for a $1100 installed and done. Hmmmm
Looking at a repeat set of WildPeaks, Nitto Recon Grapplers or Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek.
Considering staying at 305/55 or going to 35’s. Decisions…No rush, these tires were near 12/32 in November…but Im not stupid enough to run them down low.
I have been happy with my Nitto’s, this is at 25k, wearing evenly & I rotate about every 5k. As you know we don’t get a lot of snow, I have read some bad reviews on their wet performance, but I haven’t had any problems with mine.

Attachments

• 43950E43-FDA4-4FCA-BA5D-72607B28E4B6.jpeg
    43950E43-FDA4-4FCA-BA5D-72607B28E4B6.jpeg
    178.8 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The clutch fan is gone, had to get medieval on it. V6 efan is in. 180 Tstat installed. Sadly, the oem fan shroud did not survive. I will honor its sacrifice.

The bad, I’ve adjusted the fan temps on the diablosport I3 and it will not kick the efan on at the temps I set it at. Tried it twice. Frustration.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The clutch fan is gone, had to get medieval on it. V6 efan is in. 180 Tstat installed. Sadly, the oem fan shroud did not survive. I will honor its sacrifice.

The bad, I’ve adjusted the fan temps on the diablosport I3 and it will not kick the efan on at the temps I set it at. Tried it twice. Frustration.
Does it come on at the higher OEM temp? Does it spin up at all?

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just troubleshooting ideas, can you share your fan settings page?
Diablo i3 doesnt have that. just pids and logs. My i3 just shows a ECT parameters and I can only set one temp with no reference to hi/low….its very basic, but obviously its not taking.