The HP game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Son of a biscuit…pulled the passenger side strut. Spen 1.5 hrs trying to get rusted sucka off. Soaked 2 days in PBB. No way. Stripped the hex socket out. Heat gunned, nothing. Reinstalled.
Is the strut top the same for a 5th gen as a 4th? Im hunting in marketplace for takeoffs. I will put the angle grinder to this POS in a second.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Monroe lists the same part number for 4th and 5th gen

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Monroe lists the same part number for 4th and 5th gen

Both are 4th Gen parts though. Says classic. From what I can tell, 5th gen appear to be a different top plate. The top of the Bilsteins has a recessed hex, where the OEM have the opposite. So frustrating. I tried everything I could think of.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Amazon to the rescue. 2 new strut tops on the way. Im going to get medieval on these old rusty turds. I just want my dang coils now. Compress the springs and grind that sucka off. When i reinstall that cavity is getting an ounce of dielectric grease on it.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking at replacing the rear control arms. The adj track bar on the way is Freedom Offroad.
If you're replacing the track bar and rear arms, core 4x4 is pretty much the gold standard around here. You can do a quick Google search and find a 10% off coupon code as well.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A lot of money now but the place I started was a blower then headers and methanol injection. Even at a safe level you’ll actually feel it without lower end work.
I don’t know that I will get to that level. Headers yes….It would be nice to bolt on a Whipple or even that Hamburger, but dumping that kind of moolah right now is not in the cards. The wife might not understand the need for supercharging my pick up vs vacation.
+ I still have $2k in tires to buy at some point this year. Jeez

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 19 ram was a trade in for my wife’s 14 glk250 she wanted the cheaper tradesman instead of the 1 ton since the 2.1 merc. Diesel was endless trouble.Honestly she didn’t know it was procharged for at least a year .I gave up forced induction work arounds with my first vette. I realized the need for covert savings for my modding years back.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 19 ram was a trade in for my wife’s 14 glk250 she wanted the cheaper tradesman instead of the 1 ton since the 2.1 merc. Diesel was endless trouble.Honestly she didn’t know it was procharged for at least a year .I gave up forced induction work arounds with my first vette. I realized the need for covert savings for my modding years back.
Yeah, my slush funds depleted…replaced suspension, brakes, tuner/custom tune, TrueTrac, etc…i guess I couldve got a blower instead…

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I used to think guys that went straight to the blower were odd... until I did the math for everything else lol.