The Last Coat - Instant Surface Protectant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southernrammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Has anyone used this stuff? Have been seeing a ton of different products in my Facebook feed and this one has me tempted to jump on it. I have watched a couple videos on different waxes and sealants but the last coat wasn't one of the products tested. I have seen a video showing it was better than top coat but saw a test where top coat was one of the first failures. I have turtle wax ice which seemed to do really well in the test. Thinking I should just keep using was I have in the past but would love to just spray my truck off and walk away after a quick dry in between more through washes.

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Look up a product from CarPro called HydrO2. It might be right up your alley. I use it on my wheels and fender liners. Good stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Southernrammer

Southernrammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What are you trying to accomplish?
Jay
First and foremost I want to protect the paint. Other than protecting the finish I would like to be able to clean the truck with just water and little to no scrubbing. In Arizona we have a lot of dust that settles on our cars. Having a coat where most water runs off seems like it would allow easier drying which is also an issue here do to the high heat and little moisture. to paraphrase I want to be able to do spray washes to get dust off between more intensive washes for bugs and other things with minimal drying and always have a clean fresh wax look.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd use a good sealant as a base then top it with a good wax. I would then use a good spray wax after each wash. The sealant will last about 6 months, the wax will protect for about 3-4 weeks and the spray wax every week will give added protection to the wax. The combination I use is Wolfgang 3.0 sealant, Collinite 845 wax and Opti spray wax weekly. If you want a wax that will give you the best "pop" and look the best you can look up Polish Angel High Gloss. I use the PA before car/truck shows and other special occasions.
Jay

OP
OP
Southernrammer

Southernrammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks for the recommendations. Still seems pretty intensive. Was hoping a product like the last coat would cut down on a lot of upkeep.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The sealant and wax is about twice a year. Maybe you should look into a ceramic coating. Low maintenance but outstanding protection for anywhere from 2-5 years. Downside is they ain't cheap.
Jay

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Thanks for the recommendations. Still seems pretty intensive. Was hoping a product like the last coat would cut down on a lot of upkeep.
A ceramic coating would work great for what you are looking to do. Once and done and lasts for years depending on which you go with and how many coats are applied. High pressure water will blow the dust right off. My wifes Jeep is coated with Ceramic Pro. It was the Gold package which is their lifetime one. Its nice to stop in a self wash car wash and just use water to blow the grime off when you dont have much time.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been using Optimum Opti-Seal for a few years now and I really like how easy and durable it is.

It's marketed as a wipe on sealant that doesn't require buffing off since the sealant "flashes off" and disappears on its own. The caveat is that if you apply to much then you'll be wiping on the excess (or the high spots as the pro detailers called it). Even if I have to wipe the excess off, it's still a very easy to use product with great results.

Just recently I came across a product from Ultima (another highly regarded name in detailing products) that guarantees a wipe on with no extra buffing or wiping of residue. I'm going to try this product in the spring. It's called Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've used Opti seal for about a year on the door jams and under hood and it does an excellent job. Easy to use and the results are good.
Jay

OP
OP
Southernrammer

Southernrammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I looked into the ceramic professionally applied and you are right. Very expensive. I'll have to look into the Opti seal some tonight.