The Main reason for Getting my 2014 ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This is The The Main reason for Getting my 2014 ram 2500. I was towing it with a 95 F-150 with the 4.9 I6 it did it but camping and having firewood in truck I needed air shocks on rear and Bunch of other stuff so I traded up way up. My camper I have been building it since march 2020 and still got the inside to do got some electrical to do before insulation. This is my Little Mobile Cabin I call it right now its 3,000 lbs and by finish it will be 4k so I wanted A bigger truck for that extra 1k that will be added. I have already camped in it 13 times and put 700 miles on it. I love my little cabin On wheels. And in case anyone was wondering yes the trailer is capable of it trailer is a full 2x4 tube steel frame with a 5,200 lb axle with surge disk brakes last image is most updated pic of camper with my tongue box and LP tank setup two 20's would not work between frame so I went four 11lb 0921201818a.jpg 0221211523.jpg 0130211750_HDR.jpg

ramffml

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a strange attraction to tiny homes, this would be a little small for me but I like the way you think! Do you have any interior pics?

OP
OP
RamRod37

RamRod37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
yeah but its just stud walls at this time. I have spent more time on building control panel for the camper just for the fun factor of it the entire camper's 12 volt devices can be controlled by a smart phone app VIA Bluetooth built the panel from scratch and the fact that I sold my tow vehicle then bought the 2014 ram and had to do the dreaded cam and lifters so not having a vehicle to tow it with and our vacation around corner march 5th 1,500 bucks that was going to the interior got diverted to getting truck operational so no work has been done in about a month now. My internet is crap right now so it seems image uploading is a no go took 15min earlier to get above three posted

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Looks good man! Keep it up! What was the deal with the cam and lifter failure? Do you have the 6.4 or 5.7?

OP
OP
RamRod37

RamRod37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I purchase the truck from a dealer that I had bought four other vehicles from they said the truck had a miss in it but they determined by moving coils from cylinder 6 to #4 the miss fire moved. Well with that into and the fact I thought I could trust then to shoot straight with me I got them to knock off 500 off down payment if I took care of the coil. well they flat out lied and it later came out that they knew what was wrong all along I was going to stick it where the sun does not shine when I got back to the lot but after some talking they covered the repair parts. Of course I added a bunch of new parts while in there so they covered cam & lifters and I covered the other 500 of additional parts that I was not going to put back after being that far down plus had heads reworked too & new valve spring that does not make up the fact It was my 14 hrs labor tearing it down but got it for 2k under book so I still came out Ok and I done fell for it so I wanted it fixed and I wanted it to be mine when done so it is done now and that is the last vehicle I buy from them.

OP
OP
RamRod37

RamRod37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I purchase the truck from a dealer that I had bought four other vehicles from they said the truck had a miss in it but they determined by moving coils from cylinder 6 to #4 the miss fire moved. Well with that into and the fact I thought I could trust then to shoot straight with me I got them to knock off 500 off down payment if I took care of the coil. well they flat out lied and it later came out that they knew what was wrong all along I was going to stick it where the sun does not shine when I got back to the lot but after some talking they covered the repair parts. Of course I added a bunch of new parts while in there so they covered cam & lifters and I covered the other 500 of additional parts that I was not going to put back after being that far down plus had heads reworked too & new valve spring that does not make up the fact It was my 14 hrs labor tearing it down but book was 16,500 And I got it for 14.500 I still came out Ok and I done fell for it so I wanted it fixed and I wanted it to be mine when done so it is done now and that is the last vehicle I buy from them.