The Mods have started! :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Then some of the lighting started to arrive, and so I have begun the install. So far the LED fogs are in, the LED High Beams, but I hit a hurdle with the HIDs with a dodgy Ballast - Hopefully I have a replacement for that tomorrow. That install was more than I want to talk about - but anyways! Some pics fo you all! :)

What high beams did you go with?

OP
OP
Aussie-John

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
So... Just tested the new lights - and I am very happy!

They are much brighter than stock. The HIDs are great, and the LED highs are good too!

There is a little difference in beam pattern on the HIDs (These are a projector) but all in all, a much better result. Once I have the LED pods in where the Tow Hooks are, the lighting will be complete! YAY!

OP
OP
Aussie-John

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I got to sealing the tub yesterday. I know there are kits available like Truxseal, but when I had a really good look at it, it was never really going to be a one size fits all.

So I took myself off to our local rubber supply (Clark Rubber) and bought a couple of different sized self adhesive rubber extrusions.

I should tell you that I really want to do the absolute best I can to keep the dust out. Water, I don't really care, but the dust down here is really fine, it when you travel for a while on our dirt roads, the last thing you need is half the desert in the back with all your goodies, and sleeping gear etc etc.

Now, when you look at the tail gate, you have 2 sections where the dust will get in, the part where the tailgate actually shuts up against (RAM have the rubber stoppers on that bit) but also further back where the skin meets the tail lights. So rather than put all my eggs in one basket, I sealed both. I have also used a chunk down the bottom corners where the tail gate is contoured. It's a tricky part to seal, but I have it working. Also along the bottom I used a thinner seal. So basically all 3 sides of the tub, plus down the sides near the tail lights!

The result is fantastic. Easy way to test is to get under the cover and look for daylight. In my case - zero! The only daylight coming in was from some of the holes stamped in the bed near the rear, which have now also been blocked.

I gave her a bath with my highpressure cleaner and no water ingress. Winning!!

I just don't understand why they don't take steps to put this in from the factory.

Anyways... Some pics to show you!

IMG_2905.JPG

IMG_2906.JPG

IMG_2907.JPG

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So... Just tested the new lights - and I am very happy!

They are much brighter than stock. The HIDs are great, and the LED highs are good too!

There is a little difference in beam pattern on the HIDs (These are a projector) but all in all, a much better result. Once I have the LED pods in where the Tow Hooks are, the lighting will be complete! YAY!

Nice I have the d2s mini retroquik coming from Nick. Wasnt sure if the 2stroke 2.0 would fit in the highbeams but guess it did. Did you need any kind of resistor or adapter for them or just plugged into the splitter from the morimoto kit?

OP
OP
Aussie-John

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
The LEDs were simply plug and play. I didn't even need the anti flicker - mine are solid.

OP
OP
Aussie-John

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Oh... Someone asked me what an Anderson Plug was. It's for my Camper.

Here is the new trailer plug that I will install next week. Just need to get some cable, and I will replace the stock plug with this one.

anderson.jpg

OP
OP
Aussie-John

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
So.... A couple of more done now...

UHF (CB Radio) installed. Pulled the middle console and installed. Used a DX Engineering fender mount. I actually had to bend and twist a little to make it fit, but it turned out good! Then the Swing Cases turned up! :) Happy!

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3066.JPG

IMG_3067.JPG