The new 2020 EcoDiesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
Picked up my 2020 G3 Eco and have about 250 miles on her. Quietest smoker I’ve ever ridden in. 4x4 with 3.92’s and I’m averaging about 23-24 combined on my first tank. I’d like to level her out but I don’t want to give up any economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
city driving ?

EcoDiesel Cyclist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I’d say 2/3 highway 1/3 city. But the highway was climbing from 1,200 to 7,000 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arvid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With my 70 mile round trip I am tempted to do something stupid. If they happen to have a 2020 Eco Diesel equipped like my 19 Hemi I would be very tempted. Right now, because I drive way to fast, I am only averaging about 18 or so on the highway.

I'll most likely keep what I've got thought because I've got it just the way I like it.

do it I’m averaging 23-24 going 75-85 on the highway.

wam75028

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I’m around 1000 miles on my 2020 Eco Diesel. MPG has been very good. Hwy (but no towing) I’m getting 28 mpg. Short driving and city is around 24 mpg. Do have a bed cover. Not sure how much of a difference that really makes.

Tad Marko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L Magnum
How much available payload does 6.4' crew cab, non-RamBox, EcoDiesel truck have?

20IndyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
This is an all new 3.0 strung out TD, unless one basically drops into your lap I'd let them try and work the bugs out before the half ton diesel craze dies.

LOL who told you it was strung out. What makes you think their is bugs. What would make you think their is a craze? Match the tool to the jobs you want the truck to do IE how you are going to use the truck. Hemi Pentastar & ED all serve a most practical match to use scenario. Having all three to choose from gives us the best options for our use. The ED probably should only be about a 5 ot 10 percent take ratio of the 1500 sales. The ED is perfect for my priorities & use scenario. But probably not for the northern Canadian city dweller with a 2 mile commute.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
LOL who told you it was strung out. What makes you think their is bugs. What would make you think their is a craze? Match the tool to the jobs you want the truck to do IE how you are going to use the truck. Hemi Pentastar & ED all serve a most practical match to use scenario. Having all three to choose from gives us the best options for our use. The ED probably should only be about a 5 ot 10 percent take ratio of the 1500 sales. The ED is perfect for my priorities & use scenario. But probably not for the northern Canadian city dweller with a 2 mile commute.

Enjoy your cute little quiet diesel that gets a few mpg better paying more per gallon.

I would drive one under warranty with a fire extinguisher in cab, no doubt!

OP
OP
cop4hire

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Well, we were all set to pick up our new 2020 yesterday (Thursday) but the dealership kept making mistakes that were costing us. The truck was damaged in transport from Utah for instance. I-5 Dodge in Washington State is really screwed up right now. We were all set with 0% interest for 8 years and the first three months of no payments. Now we are back to square one. Back on the market. SMDH. What is wrong with these dealerships?

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Enjoy your cute little quiet diesel that gets a few mpg better paying more per gallon.

I would drive one under warranty with a fire extinguisher in cab, no doubt!

Wow two idiotic posts in a row. You apparently have some kind of personal problem. Try a Ford dealership.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Wow two idiotic posts in a row. You apparently have some kind of personal problem. Try a Ford dealership.

Usually good for 9 out of 10 but lots of weekend left.

Here, I found your resale value...
upload_2020-5-22_11-47-34.jpeg

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Well, we were all set to pick up our new 2020 yesterday (Thursday) but the dealership kept making mistakes that were costing us. The truck was damaged in transport from Utah for instance. I-5 Dodge in Washington State is really screwed up right now. We were all set with 0% interest for 8 years and the first three months of no payments. Now we are back to square one. Back on the market. SMDH. What is wrong with these dealerships?

I had good luck with the Longview Wa dealership. They found the exact truck I wanted and matched the lowest offer I got throughout the entire PNW (which happened to be Dave Smith in Idaho). A bit of a drive for you, but might be worth a shot.