The "PANIC" button...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rod Powell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
I used AlfaOBD to disable the panic alarm. Worked like a charm, and non-destruxrive. I can re-enable it when (if) I ever sell the truck.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
My wife was washing her car next to my truck the other day. I found a good hiding spot and I hit my panic button For the truck and she’d pop out of the car and fumble around for her keys and hit the button over and over again thinking it was her car ******* off the neighbors, until I turned mine off and then she’d go back to detailing her car. Did that about three more times at random intervals. After that I had to tell her what was going on... she didn’t think it was as funny as I did.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Yeah I was at Costco and they had pallets of baby wipe boxes and I didnt buy them. Probably should have bought a case.

OTOH if you cant flush them, disposing of them becomes potentially unsanitary and infectious......and of course our state banned plastic bags back in October, so I dont have any laying around to toss used wipes into.

And while on the subject, other states that banned plastic grocery bags, forced reusable bags, are now banning REUSABLE bags because (guess what) they can carry viruses.....

Sprayed my reusable bags with Lysol the other day.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Is there a way to disable it? This damn thing is so sensitive that the slightest bump sets my horn blaring.

Any advice PLEASE!

Cheers

Bob

I remember back in late 2012 when i gave my truck the first wash it ever had, and when doing the hood the keys in my pocket hit dead center on the ram horns and i nearly shat myself.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max in my 2013 Magnum 4.7L V8

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I may disable the panic button on 1 of my remotes. At work I keep leaning on the fob in my pocket and setting it off waking people up so I leave the truck unlocked now with the keys in my trailer. At least if my "work key" didn't have a panic I could go back to locking it without worrying about being the a-hole that wakes everyone up.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a fit of rage or madness (don’t know which)I took mine completely apart and put a few dabs of crazy glue on the panic ******** disabling it permanently forever I hope. Most annoying thing ever!

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
In all seriousness my most recent meals have been deer and bear smokies. No shortage of protein here!

Had deer sausage for lunch yesterday and will be putting a deer roast in the oven tomorrow for dinner :)

Deepjeep85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I used AlfaOBD to disable the panic alarm. Worked like a charm, and non-destruxrive. I can re-enable it when (if) I ever sell the truck.
How did you do it? I've tried Google but no luck.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you have the FOB that you insert the ignition.
Open the FOB, at the small tip of the Green Circuit board
place a piece of tape over the larger round copper contact point

1688270006056.png

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The only problem my fob has given me yet is locking my tailgate when it's in my pocket and stuff - or something :cool: - pushes the button.

Rod Powell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
How did you do it? I've tried Google but no luck.
I used ALFAOBD to disable the panic button on the remote.

Great program, well worth the price. You can do all sorts of stuff with it.