Theft Deterrent Devices?

midas360

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.2 Supercharged 702 HP
Does anyone have any thoughts on a theft deterrent device for the new RAM TRX? I was thinking maybe a kill switch of some sort. I have a steering lock mechanism to deter someone from thinking about stealing the truck.

Any ideas would be nice. Thanks!

bud007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 BTS
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
I recently got this https://bmmpr.com/ and am very satisfied with it takes ,about a minute to install and then download the app , probably about 5 minutes all together . i went with the bmmpr 1

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If someone really wants to steal your TRX, they'll back up with a flatbed truck that has some bogus towing company name on the side and pull the vehicle onto the bed and drive away. It can be gone in less than 15 minutes and no one will question a tow truck driver.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I recently got this https://bmmpr.com/ and am very satisfied with it takes ,about a minute to install and then download the app , probably about 5 minutes all together . i went with the bmmpr 1

Does your truck need to have cellular or internet connection?

I'm not sure how the device communicates to your phone.

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Does anyone have any thoughts on a theft deterrent device for the new RAM TRX? I was thinking maybe a kill switch of some sort. I have a steering lock mechanism to deter someone from thinking about stealing the truck.

Any ideas would be nice. Thanks!

A kill switch would be the simplest and the least expected.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I know this is an old thread, but there are two preferred devices among TRX owners for keeping thieves from starting your truck. Ravelco and IGLA.