There is something about a nice rear end...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for that link DavidRam. Looks fairly simple, hardest parts should be removing the hitch and bumper. UPS tracking says it'll arrive tomorrow. So I may try and test fit it this weekend.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The bumper removal is dead easy, it's 6 bolts IIRC and it's light as hell. I had mine off in less than 10 minutes before the guy who was buying it could even crawl under to take a look at what was needed. Hitch is heavy, if you have another person handy use them.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for that link DavidRam. Looks fairly simple, hardest parts should be removing the hitch and bumper. UPS tracking says it'll arrive tomorrow. So I may try and test fit it this weekend.

Sure thing bro. Look forward to seeing it!

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The bumper removal is dead easy, it's 6 bolts IIRC and it's light as hell. I had mine off in less than 10 minutes before the guy who was buying it could even crawl under to take a look at what was needed. Hitch is heavy, if you have another person handy use them.
Thanks for the info. Good to know it's that easy for the bumper. I'd like to test fit the pan then reinstall the stock bumper while I get the roll pan painted. Instead of driving around with no bumper for a week.

Does the pan come with holes for the license plate lights? Or will I have to cut my own out?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Thanks for the info. Good to know it's that easy for the bumper. I'd like to test fit the pan then reinstall the stock bumper while I get the roll pan painted. Instead of driving around with no bumper for a week.

Does the pan come with holes for the license plate lights? Or will I have to cut my own out?

You'll need to cut the hole for the light. I ordered a light with mine but never installed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well i didnt get to test fit. Got sick friday night and lasted till Sunday. But I decided I'm going to try the bolt on LED license plate lights. I can find them cheap on ebay for about $10. For being that cheap, I don't mind trying them out.

OP
OP
DavidRam

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well i didnt get to test fit. Got sick friday night and lasted till Sunday. But I decided I'm going to try the bolt on LED license plate lights. I can find them cheap on ebay for about $10. For being that cheap, I don't mind trying them out.

Glad you feel better!

Can you take as many pics as possible, pleeeeeeease?? I am very interested in this. ;)

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you feel better!

Can you take as many pics as possible, pleeeeeeease?? I am very interested in this. ;)
Will do my best when I start doing all of this. Hopefully I'll get to test fit this weekend.

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
I know it's not a Dodge but here is my other truck.

40103_1246801229154_739099_n.jpg

catatonic

Reaction score
I'm a bit biased to my own taste, however, my personal opinion is dumping the exhaust with a turndown behind the axle.

Clean lines without having to cut holes.

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
What make/model truck is that? And are those Escalade rims?

87 Mazda B2000, body dropped 2.5", 3 link rear suspension, obviously air at all 4 corners, Viair 450c, 5g tank, 1/2" plumbing with 1/2" electric valves.

Yes, Escalade wheels with the centers machined out to bolt right on the truck. Just takes a special lugnut.

Truck has about 10k on the rebuild, I rarely drive it but when I do it's a kick in the pants.